We are buying a house...finally!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krisy, May 2, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    WE finally found a house and are supposed to close May 14th. I am terrified something will go wrong. I am so excited and at the same time totally nervous. I have been waiting a long time to see the kids playing in their own yard. Apartment life sucks when you have kids. I need reassurance.....anyone?

2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Krisy - don't go thinking about what COULD go wrong, think about your future living where you deserve to live.

Congratulations! I am sure all will be fine and you will be moving shortly!!!!!

3. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Hey congrats, you will be fine. Owning a house is alot of work but well worth it.

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks guys....we have just had so much go wrong in our quest for a house! Everything has actually gone very smoothly up to this point,that is what worries me. It is fun though to sit around talking about being there. I cannot wait!!!!!! I will finally get my dog!:D I don't think the kitties will be too happy though.:p:

5. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Getting a house is the single most stressful thing besides childbirth/child sicknesses. So, just relax and remember that it'll all be over soon. And then you get tax benefits!!!! And a yard!!!!

Like Mtnbkr said, it's a lot of work but WELL worth it. I don't think I could have decided to have my kid if it weren't for my house. I hate apartments.

Congrats and good luck!!!

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I really cannot wait for the yard. As silly as it sounds,I don't want the pool in the back yard and Kevin does. We are having some "nice" discussions on that. I want the extra room and don't want the expense or upkeep. My main reason though is that we have a very active 3 year old and the neighborhood is FULL of children. It just makes me nervous. I know every kid in the nieghborhood will be at our house for a swim and I don't want to go there.

Kevin on the other hand is trying to get our 9 year old son on his side for the pool-very dirty!

I say,let"s get an inflatable one that we can take down anytime we want. I know my answer is the mosrt reasonable,don't ya think:D :D

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I love the idea of having a pool. The reality, however, is a completely different story; the work, the very tall fence, the insurance costs and the dreaded fear of something happening.

I think I'm with you on that one. My husband's family had one of those above-ground things all his life...I don't know if they are the same in terms of insurance/fence/upkeep requirements but maybe that's a compromise.

My thoughts would be, "Honey, that community pool is gorgeous!"

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Krisy, best of luck to you and enjoy it! The closing (and costs) suck, mortgage payments suck, heavy insurance sucks - but it's WELL worth it. The first thing I did was fence the yard in so my dog could run free, and it worked well since we had a son a year later too! You won't mind as much doing the repairs and such around the house either knowing your doing it for yourself and not something you're renting. Enjoy!

9. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats we are about to put this house up for sale and build...

I dread the move but it is worth it !! You will find that out !!

10. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Congrats!! I am SOOOO jealous!! LOL