Waterless Fracking

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Amazing how researchers can come up with new ways of doing things when the demand calls for it. I never heard of this before this morning while doing my daily RSS search. It came from Watchdog.org in a story, Can ‘waterless fracking’ in New York sidestep Cuomo’s ban? @ Can 'waterless fracking' in New York sidestep Cuomo's ban? - Watchdog.org

A Google Search took me to [among many] Water-less Fracking Could Be Industry Game Changer @ Water-less Fracking Could Be Industry Game Changer | OilPrice.com which indicates part of the CO2 propellant can be regained at the wellhead.

I have no idea what the economics are but the article predicted that oil will be back up to $80 per barrel by Christmas which will open a whole lot more wells.

That's a fairly old article. From what I've read more recently, the process may not yield desired results...

Waterless fracking test well isn’t doing so hot | bakken.com

Thank you.

The thing about technology is that things change so quickly it's difficult to keep up.
Yup. But at least they gave it a try. I subscribe to quite a few oil and gas industry news feeds. I've always been fascinated by the SCIENCE, tech, engineering, etc. Which I probably shouldn't be seeing how I'm a Republican that doesn't believe in science or infrastructure. :lol:

Forum List

Back