Water Closets

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
The History of Plumbing - Roman and English Legacy, from theplumber.com

toilets2.jpg

Thomas Crapper was a plumber who founded Thomas Crapper & Co in London. Contrary to widespread misconceptions, Crapper did not invent the flush toilet. He did, however, do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, such as the ballcock. He was noted for the quality of his products and received several royal warrants.
it was a shitty job but someone had to do it!

• Banned
Thomas Crapper was a plumber who founded Thomas Crapper & Co in London. Contrary to widespread misconceptions, Crapper did not invent the flush toilet. He did, however, do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, such as the ballcock. He was noted for the quality of his products and received several royal warrants.

Funny that he wasn't even mentioned in the link in the OP. I wonder why. Maybe I'll do some casual reading to find out. That's what WC's are for, right?

thomas crapper was a plumber who founded thomas crapper & co in london. Contrary to widespread misconceptions, crapper did not invent the flush toilet. He did, however, do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, such as the ballcock. He was noted for the quality of his products and received several royal warrants.
It was a shitty job but someone had to do it!

funny that he wasn't even mentioned in the link in the op. I wonder why. Maybe i'll do some casual reading to find out. That's what wc's are for, right?
right!

I remember listening to recordings in French class. Ou est le doubleve ce?
Margot and Mon Oncle.
or something like that lol
That reminds me of the time someone said "je t'adore". I got up and "shut the door". Needless to say, it wasn't taken very well. :lol:

I stopped in Tennessee on a trip, to get a much needed oil change. It was a small garage so I told him I'd back the car off the lift myself. He didn't care.

He kept saying "wachado" "wachado" wachado".

I'm like WTF does that mean.

The driver's door caught the edge of the garage and bent backwards. :lol:

Here's what snopes has to say about Mr. Crapper.

snopes.com: Thomas Crapper and the Toilet

One of the few times Snopes could be partially wrong, (origin of the association of Crapper). While sticking to the known "first seen in print" they do not discuss the highly probable (i.e. most likely) scenario that soldiers did bring home the name after WWI and it took that long to be assimilated into the common vernacular.

I remember listening to recordings in French class. Ou est le doubleve ce?
Margot and Mon Oncle.
or something like that lol
That reminds me of the time someone said "je t'adore". I got up and "shut the door". Needless to say, it wasn't taken very well. :lol:

I stopped in Tennessee on a trip, to get a much needed oil change. It was a small garage so I told him I'd back the car off the lift myself. He didn't care.

He kept saying "wachado" "wachado" wachado".

I'm like WTF does that mean.

The driver's door caught the edge of the garage and bent backwards. :lol:
:eusa_doh:

Here's what snopes has to say about Mr. Crapper.

snopes.com: Thomas Crapper and the Toilet

One of the few times Snopes could be partially wrong, (origin of the association of Crapper). While sticking to the known "first seen in print" they do not discuss the highly probable (i.e. most likely) scenario that soldiers did bring home the name after WWI and it took that long to be assimilated into the common vernacular.
that's a bunch of crap!

That's true, and I have used many of them, in bathrooms of friends and acquaintances in Victorian homes.

Forum List

Back