Watch USB and charger cables around toddlers

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by uscitizen, Jan 8, 2010.

  1. uscitizen
    Offline

    uscitizen Senior Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Messages:
    45,941
    Thanks Received:
    4,791
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    My Shack
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Jan 7, 11:44 PM EST


    USB cable shock suspected in Colo. girl's injuries


    LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) -- A Colorado toddler is hospitalized with third-degree burns on her tongue after apparently being shocked by a USB cable connected to a laptop computer.

    Jeffrey Anderson says his granddaughter Trinity Anderson of Longmont was playing next to a recliner Monday while her mother, Rhianna Anderson, sat in the chair and used her computer.

    When Rhianna Anderson looked down, she saw Trinity's body was limp. Beside her was a USB cable, with one end plugged into the laptop. The family noticed pieces of burnt flesh in the prongs of the cable and suspects Trinity put the cable in her mouth.

    The girl is hospitalized in Aurora with third-degree burns on her tongue, palate and lips.


    TBO.com - News From AP
     

Share This Page