Washington Republicans Try To Fire Supreme Court Judges By Making Them Draw Straws

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Angry over a recent Washington Supreme Court decision finding the state must put more funds into basic education, GOP state lawmakers are proposing the additional money come from downsizing the state Supreme Court to 5 justices from 9. Senate Bill 5867, sponsored by failed US Senate candidate state Sen. Michael Baumgartner (R-WA), would make the justices draw straws to decide who had to hang up their robes:

“On June 30, 2013, all existing judges of the state supreme court, shall meet in public to cast lots by drawing straws,” the bill says. “Effective July 1,2013, the positions of the four judges casting losing lots by drawing the shortest straws shall be terminated.”

The bill’s sponsor, state Sen. Michael Baumgartner, said the job cuts could save about $1.5 million in salary and administrative costs.

“Every dollar we save by eliminating these four positions would be automatically funneled to K-12 education to help meet the guidelines the Supreme Court laid out in the McCleary decision,” Baumgartner said in a news release.

Washington Republicans Try To Fire Supreme Court Judges By Making Them Draw Straws | ThinkProgress

Wang, Wang, Wang!!!

I don't like the rules, so I'm going to change them so it's suits my needs and no one else.

Go ahead get rid of the 4 conservative judges and then we can see just how much this Country will be, by first making sure that "Corporations are NOT People, Too)

Forum List

Back