Washington going after legal immigration

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Trump, GOP senators champion bill to cut legal immigration levels
He was joined by Georgia Sen. David Perdue and Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, the Republicans who first introduced the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy, or the RAISE Act, in February. They have said the legislation aims to cut legal immigration in half from 1 million to 500,000 a year.

Trump, Perdue and Cotton argued on Tuesday that low-skilled and unskilled immigration into the United States has depressed wages.

According to a fact sheet released to reporters, the new system would favor immigrants who are educated, speak English and have high-paying job offers. It would also reduce low-skilled and unskilled labor immigration.

It would prioritize immediate family members of United States residents, including spouses and young children. But it would end prioritization for extended family members and adult children of residents.

The legislation also eliminates the Diversity Visa lottery system and limits permanent resident status for refugees to 50,000 a year.
-----

I have no problem with this.

it seems to be balanced and well thought out
common sense as well. At least IMO
one positive effect I can see in letting less low skilled workers in, is that by reducing the competition for entry level food service/agricultural/ construction labor typ ejobs, you might see an upsurge in employment among group s who traditionally have the hardest time finding work....people who havent worked inyears, the homeless, ex-cons, people with no formal education, etc....and that is a good thing.

He was joined by Georgia Sen. David Perdue and Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, the Republicans who first introduced the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy, or the RAISE Act, in February. They have said the legislation aims to cut legal immigration in half from 1 million to 500,000 a year.

Trump, Perdue and Cotton argued on Tuesday that low-skilled and unskilled immigration into the United States has depressed wages.

According to a fact sheet released to reporters, the new system would favor immigrants who are educated, speak English and have high-paying job offers. It would also reduce low-skilled and unskilled labor immigration.

It would prioritize immediate family members of United States residents, including spouses and young children. But it would end prioritization for extended family members and adult children of residents.

The legislation also eliminates the Diversity Visa lottery system and limits permanent resident status for refugees to 50,000 a year.
-----

"why u trying all to divide people up. ?" (immigration, not the op.)

-----

Who's trying to divide people up? This has nothing to do with dividing people, it's about making America Great Again.

it seems to be balanced and well thought out
common sense as well. At least IMO
one positive effect I can see in letting less low skilled workers in, is that by reducing the competition for entry level food service/agricultural/ construction labor typ ejobs, you might see an upsurge in employment among group s who traditionally have the hardest time finding work....people who havent worked inyears, the homeless, ex-cons, people with no formal education, etc....and that is a good thing.

Correct because it will force industry to make better offers to attract American workers. We don't need the federal or state governments forcing employers to pay more against their will. Let the supply and demand process work itself out.

No !!!! We need to be a dumping ground for third world illegals and refugees who have welfare and social service "rights"......... lmfao

-----

Who's trying to divide people up? This has nothing to do with dividing people, it's about making America Great Again.
i agree... if i was a bit nebulous. the media divides voter by race in the elections.

Forum List

Back