Was Marco Rubio Channeling President Obama tonight?

Aug 7, 2012
Marco Rubio is a great speaker but I think he's channeling Obama. He's repeatedly said things about teachers and parents and others who have helped "you" get where you are--who have made sacrificies so you can have it better than they do. America gives you the opportunity and the chance to be successful! In other words, you don't do it completely on your own.:eusa_clap:

Marco Rubio is a great speaker but I think he's channeling Obama. He's repeatedly said things about teachers and parents and others who have helped "you" get where you are--who have made sacrificies so you can have it better than they do. America gives you the opportunity and the chance to be successful! In other words, you don't do it completely on your own.:eusa_clap:

Wow!!!
Not only is reading comprehension epidemic on USMB but you demonstrate that some of us even have issues with seeing and hearing clearly.
For the love of all things tragically confused hit rewind already!!!

• Banned

Wow!!!
Not only is reading comprehension epidemic on USMB but you demonstrate that some of us even have issues with seeing and hearing clearly.
For the love of all things tragically confused hit rewind already!!!

I think you're talking about yourself.

• Banned
Obama:

Look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.

From Rubio's speech:

My dad was a bartender. My mom was a cashier, a maid and a stock clerk at K-Mart. They never made it big. They were never rich. And yet they were successful. Because just a few decades removed from hopelessness, they made possible for us all the things that had been impossible for them.

About his father:

He stood behind a bar in the back of the room all those years, so one day I could stand behind a podium in the front of a room.

It's the story of your mother who struggled to give you what she never had.

It's the story of your father who worked two jobs so doors closed for him would open for you.

The story of that teacher or that coach who taught you the lessons that shaped who you are today.

RUBIO: We chose more GOVERNMENT instead of more FREEDOM.

We chose the principles of our founding to solve the challenges of our time.

We chose a special man to lead us in a special time.

We chose Mitt Romney to lead our nation.

Forum List

Back