Warren Buffet says raising the minimum wage is not the answer

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Like we having been saying all along, just left propaganda, We raise MW across the board nationally they are still fucking poor and they drag down The next up wage earners, trickle up poor.
Buffett Says Minimum Wage Increase Isn t Answer to Income Gulf - Bloomberg Business

Billionaire Warren Buffett said the level of income inequality in the U.S. is “extraordinary” but that raising the minimum wage isn’t the best solution.

“I don’t have anything against raising the minimum wage but I don’t think you can do it in a significant enough way without creating a lot of distortions,”

President Barack Obama and Senate Democrats say that lifting the minimum would benefit the economy and reduce income inequality. Many Republicans and business groups say the plan would cost jobs.

Buffett, the second-richest person in the U.S., said raising the minimum wage was “a form of price fixing” and instead favored reforming the earned income tax credit, a refund paid to low and moderate income individuals and couples.

Last edited:
This is all it is

Attachments

• images-2.jpg
    images-2.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 106
oh oh, Obama's Buddy who he wanted to name a tax after. Might want to go and fill him in on this
Anyone who is sane knows THIS WILL cause businesses to NOT HIRE MORE people and could case them to lay people off to try and keep a PROFIT for themselves

I forgot they were buddies, yea he should clue Obama in, instead of pandering on propaganda

Like we having been saying all along, just left propaganda, We raise MW across the board nationally they are still fucking poor and they drag down The next up wage earners, trickle up poor.
Buffett Says Minimum Wage Increase Isn t Answer to Income Gulf - Bloomberg Business

Billionaire Warren Buffett said the level of income inequality in the U.S. is “extraordinary” but that raising the minimum wage isn’t the best solution.

“I don’t have anything against raising the minimum wage but I don’t think you can do it in a significant enough way without creating a lot of distortions,”

President Barack Obama and Senate Democrats say that lifting the minimum would benefit the economy and reduce income inequality. Many Republicans and business groups say the plan would cost jobs.

Buffett, the second-richest person in the U.S., said raising the minimum wage was “a form of price fixing” and instead favored reforming the earned income tax credit, a refund paid to low and moderate income individuals and couples.

“I don’t have anything against raising the minimum wage..."

He could've stopped there.

The only thing I have against Buffets idea is that it does the same thing as increasing the minimum wage.

It hides the fact this is a form of welfare.
It encourages people to stay at minimum wage.
More money in the economy results in inflation.

Adjusted for inflation we haven't raised the minimum wage in 45 years. Any nominal increase now is just cutting some of its losses.

Convince the people ON minimum wage that a raise will harm them. See how that goes. See how many people on minimum wage you can get to agree that an extra 50 bucks a week will be bad for them.

lol, so is Walmart hurting or helping its employees by recently decided to effectively raise the minimum wage?
Who cares about one company does? Yes it gets those employees ahead, so do states that have a higher MW, but those states will lose jobs to lower wage states.

MW workers will never ever get ahead if it's is raised across the board nationally..

Why don't you get that, it's just a number, they are still poor and dragging the rest down with them trickle up poor

lol, so is Walmart hurting or helping its employees by recently decided to effectively raise the minimum wage?
Who cares about one company does? Yes it gets those employees ahead, so do states that have a higher MW, but those states will lose jobs to lower wage states.

MW workers will never ever get ahead if it's is raised across the board nationally..

Why don't you get that, it's just a number, they are still poor and dragging the rest down with them trickle up poor

I don't 'get' it because you're full of shit.

Your last sentence is incoherent and nonsensical. Clean it up. Make sense. If you're going to be wrong, at least be wrong coherently.

Walmart has 500,000 employees affected by their wage hike to at least 10.00. YOU are claiming those workers are going to be harmed.

You're insane.

Your last sentence is incoherent and nonsensical. Clean it up. Make sense. If you're going to be wrong, at least be wrong coherently.

Asking bear to write a coherent sentence is like asking the sun to rise in the west. Ain't happening. He snuffs to much in plastic fumes to be lucid.

Asking bear to write a coherent sentence is like asking the sun to rise in the west. Ain't happening. He snuffs to much in plastic fumes to be lucid.

This latest RW nonsense, that only minimum wage workers are somehow harmed by getting a raise, it's too nuts to even be good satire...

...well, okay, it does make pretty good satire. But as a serious point, jesus, comon!

Of course you don't hear these same people arguing that if THEY got a raise, THEY would be harmed...

lol

Walmart has 500,000 employees affected by their wage hike to at least 10.00. YOU are claiming those workers are going to be harmed.

Yep, Walmart has stores in every state in the union and raising the wages of those workers will hurt them. Oh my god will it hurt. Right bear?

bear, you are posting non sense. Quit it.

Hey bear, you work in a right to work for less state. Correct? So are there any jobs left in your state? I mean, aren't all those people that lost their jobs because of a higher MW, aren't they rushing to your state in an effort to work for even less money? Which is what you claim happens.

bear says; prosperity and better living conditions through lower wages.
How's that work bear? Is it only the right to work for less states that are prosperous at this time?

“I don’t have anything against raising the minimum wage..."

He could've stopped there.
If had, it would have sent a message contrary to that which he wished to send. IOW, no.

This latest RW nonsense, that only minimum wage workers are somehow harmed by getting a raise, it's too nuts to even be good satire...

...well, okay, it does make pretty good satire. But as a serious point, jesus, comon!

Yea but they never feel bad for the CEO who gets a half a million dollar bonus. Think of the harm done to that CEO. How come right wingers don't care about CEOs and their increasing earnings. Don't they know the harm being done to those people when they get that big bonus or raise?

Yea but they never feel bad for the CEO who gets a half a million dollar bonus. Think of the harm done to that CEO. How come right wingers don't care about CEOs and their increasing earnings. Don't they know the harm being done to those people when they get that big bonus or raise?

By their 'logic' when a CEO gets a raise he gets poorer, and the CEO profession loses zillions of jobs.

Forum List

Back