Warrant Served on Residence of College Student in Palin E-Mail Hack

5 years per count. i hope each individual email is a separate count. i don't care what side of the aisle you're on; this is reprehensible behavior and no one should approve of it, tacitly or otherwise.

mmm? Do you have a link to back up this claim?

you disappoint me.
greatly.
Really? Why exactly, Del? Because I don't want to see someone punished beyond the law? I hope that's not why.

Isn't this the Del that claims you're an idiot if someone is able to gain PI on you and not the person gaining the PI?

You confuse me. Greatly.

Sorry, Navy, I misread your post. You didn't claim it was mail fraud.

I googled around a bit and the best information I found so far was here:

What is the punishment for going into someone else's email?

It's not exactly clear, but I don't see how he'd fit under the first definition, as he didn't hack into someone's computer.

The third sounds the closest to what he did, though technically he didn't happen upon Palin's computer but she stupidly made it easy for anyone to figure out her password.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this.

Not a problem, I just wanted to make it clear in my last post that from what I understand, traditionally, people who are convicted of this, are not punished by very much jail time for a first offense. However, it can carry a pretty stuff sentence if he were given the max, but that would be pretty rare from what I understand.

Really? Why exactly, Del? Because I don't want to see someone punished beyond the law? I hope that's not why.

Isn't this the Del that claims you're an idiot if someone is able to gain PI on you and not the person gaining the PI?

You confuse me. Greatly.

Reading some of the blogs that helped track this kids actions,he has done this type of thing more than once. I think this kid opened a huge can of whoop ass on himself and others...

One prank may link him to some kid who committed suicide. Ala that 40 year old mother who tauted a teen until she killed herself. If everything that some bloggers are saying is true about this doofus,he is in a world of hurt.

You confuse me. Greatly.

no, i've never said anything remotely like that.

i'm disappointed because you seem to think that this is not only no big deal, but that it's Palin's fault for some reason. if someone read your email, would you think it was your fault?
if i've misinterpreted your words, i apologise.

no, i've never said anything remotely like that.

i'm disappointed because you seem to think that this is not only no big deal, but that it's Palin's fault for some reason. if someone read your email, would you think it was your fault?
if i've misinterpreted your words, i apologise.
Pardon me, I seem to have you confused with someone else.

I stated, on this thread twice, that I agree he should be punished the maximum the law allows. No, it wouldn't be my fault that someone read my email. What would be my fault is my stupidity for conducting business using an unsecure email server with easily guessable passwords. A bit of stupidity that leads to national security nightmares if someone with any real power does it.

To clarify: Perp--guilty of criminal activity. Palin--stupid and naive.

I don't want either one of them as an employee.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Notice, hacking Yahoo is too easy. Anyone who uses their email is uninformed anyway. Though the criminal should be prosecuted for breaking the law, you really can't trust Yahoo's mail server. I never have, even left Excite after they were bought by Yahoo, the programmers they hire aren't worth what they get paid.

I find posts like these amusing.

The GOP refuses to believe that Jeb Bush helped his brother George rob Florida in 2000?

But Obama recruited some state representative kid to hack Sarah Palin's yahoo account is believable?

Fucking :cuckoo:

That would be because Jeb Bush had no power to effect any thing in that election. Once again for the slow or stupid. EVERY one of the Boards that ran the Counties that Gore demanded recounts on were controlled by DEMOCRATS. Those DEMOCRATS created the ballots, the same ones they had used in the past and controlled the required recounts. They controlled the polling places and the machines used BY those polling places. They controlled the maintenance process on said machines and the purchase and storage of said machines.

And then we have the moronic claim the police prevented people from voting. Guess what ? The areas in question were all run by Democratic Mayors and boards and commissions. Meaning the Police, county and local were all run by people hired by DEMOCRATS.

But hey don't let little things like facts get in the way of a retardo lie you like to repeat.

Ohh ya while your lying, be so kind as to actually provide any proof any of the supposed events ever happened.

Forum List

Back