Warrant Served on Residence of College Student in Palin E-Mail Hack

interesting that this much effort was wasted trying to find the kid who hacked the yahoo account.

given this whole thing never would have happened if palen hadn't been conducting public business from an non-government computer.

those emails should have been public information.

the kids is a hero.

:cool:

donkeyshit! The kid is an obamatron, he did it just so he could say he did. Business had nothing to do with it. He is a criminal. and it's about time you stopped blaming the victim here... I guess you were opposed to the Patriot ACt too? DUmmie!

interesting that this much effort was wasted trying to find the kid who hacked the yahoo account.

given this whole thing never would have happened if palen hadn't been conducting public business from an non-government computer.

the kids is a hero.

He's neither a hero nor a hacker. It doesn't take a hacker to figure out the lame passwords and answers she assigned to her account.

She is a moron, I'll give you that.

He's neither a hero nor a hacker. It doesn't take a hacker to figure out the lame passwords and answers she assigned to her account.

She is a moron, I'll give you that.

and he is a criminal, I'll give you that, I hope he gets the max.

I do too. What is the maximum?

I hope the rest of us don't get the maximum penalty of having her as VP.

I think I read somewhere it was 5-10. I'll take ten.
I hope she is. She deserves to be VP just because of all the donkeyshit she has waded through. I hope in Nov. she puts her wittle thumb right on the tip of her nose and waves at the press. Oh, the visual.

The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) (18 U.S.C. §§ 2510 et. seq., 2701–2710) was initially enacted to criminalize eavesdropping. In 1986 Congress updated this privacy legislation so that it was not limited to conduct involving traditional wires and electronic communications. The EPCA now covers all forms of digital communications.

18 USC § 2314, prohibiting interstate transport of stolen, converted, or fraudulently obtained material; does apply to computer data files U.S. v. Riggs, 739 F.Supp. 414 (N.D.Ill 1990).

Each count is a felony and carries a max. of 5 years. So this boy is in a lot of trouble, however, traditionally, kids like this don't get a big punishment, , I wil cite you an example.

Riggs was first convicted in 1986 for his unauthorized use of a computer and was sentenced to a mere 15 days of community service and placed on probation for 18 months. 967 F.2d at 562. In 1990 Riggs was indicted again for making unauthorized access to computers, during which he stole proprietary information from a telephone company. This time he was sentenced to 21 months in prison, followed by two years of "supervised release" during which time he was forbidden to either own or use any computer for his personal use. Riggs was allowed to use computers in his employment, if supervised by someone. This sentence was upheld on appeal. 967 F.2d at 563.

Each count is a felony and carries a max. of 5 years. So this boy is in a lot of trouble, however, traditionally, kids like this don't get a big punishment

Since he's a politician's son, I'm guessing he'll get 6 months probation. If they keep digging, they might find that Yahoo was complicit, but I doubt that'll happen.

I sort of feel bad for him. I doubt he knew he was committing federal felonies by hacking the email and divulging the contents. Most people don't - i.e. Ravi "so what's the penalty for hacking a yahoo account" :rofl:

His dad's going to have legal fees up the ass, this kid's going to be stressing like nobody's business while his attorney negotiates with the US Attorney, and he's going to have the possibility of serious prison time hanging over his head.

But hey, that's how things go sometimes. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

For his sake I hope he was put up to it by... Uh, we'll just call them "the powers that be." That'd give his attorney some leverage while negotiating a plea deal. And it could spell PR trouble for a certain presidential candidate who went by the name of "Barry" in high school.

I sort of feel bad for him. I doubt he knew he was committing federal felonies by hacking the email and divulging the contents. Most people don't - i.e. Ravi "so what's the penalty for hacking a yahoo account" :rofl:

His dad's going to have legal fees up the ass, this kid's going to be stressing like nobody's business while his attorney negotiates with the US Attorney, and he's going to have the possibility of serious prison time hanging over his head.

But hey, that's how things go sometimes. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

For his sake I hope he was put up to it by... Uh, we'll just call them "the powers that be." That'd give his attorney some leverage while negotiating a plea deal. And it could spell PR trouble for a certain presidential candidate who went by the name of "Barry" in high school.

I find posts like these amusing.

The GOP refuses to believe that Jeb Bush helped his brother George rob Florida in 2000?

But Obama recruited some state representative kid to hack Sarah Palin's yahoo account is believable?

Fucking :cuckoo:

The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) (18 U.S.C. §§ 2510 et. seq., 2701–2710) was initially enacted to criminalize eavesdropping. In 1986 Congress updated this privacy legislation so that it was not limited to conduct involving traditional wires and electronic communications. The EPCA now covers all forms of digital communications.

18 USC § 2314, prohibiting interstate transport of stolen, converted, or fraudulently obtained material; does apply to computer data files U.S. v. Riggs, 739 F.Supp. 414 (N.D.Ill 1990).

Each count is a felony and carries a max. of 5 years. So this boy is in a lot of trouble, however, traditionally, kids like this don't get a big punishment, , I wil cite you an example.

Riggs was first convicted in 1986 for his unauthorized use of a computer and was sentenced to a mere 15 days of community service and placed on probation for 18 months. 967 F.2d at 562. In 1990 Riggs was indicted again for making unauthorized access to computers, during which he stole proprietary information from a telephone company. This time he was sentenced to 21 months in prison, followed by two years of "supervised release" during which time he was forbidden to either own or use any computer for his personal use. Riggs was allowed to use computers in his employment, if supervised by someone. This sentence was upheld on appeal. 967 F.2d at 563.

I'm pretty sure , and this is just from all the information I have been hearing that he will most likely get off with probation as a first offense on this charge. I don't know is you noticed in the other case I cited the other kid got what 15 days of community service ? This is no where near as severe as mail fraud where it's 5 years for each instance. If it were the same as mail fraud then with the over 200 e-mails then you would be looking at a different case. However, because of the high profile nature, who knows. but federal sentencing guidelines don't call for a sentence for this in a first offense.

Um, how is this mail fraud?

Listen, I've no problem with the kid getting punished. But he's not the government spying on a private citizen and he didn't commit mail fraud.

the kids is a hero.

you're a fucking moron. i was going to explain why, but then i remembered.

you're a fucking moron, so there's really no point.

I think I read somewhere it was 5-10. I'll take ten.
I hope she is. She deserves to be VP just because of all the donkeyshit she has waded through. I hope in Nov. she puts her wittle thumb right on the tip of her nose and waves at the press. Oh, the visual.

5 years per count. i hope each individual email is a separate count. i don't care what side of the aisle you're on; this is reprehensible behavior and no one should approve of it, tacitly or otherwise.

Last edited:
I find posts like these amusing.

The GOP refuses to believe that Jeb Bush helped his brother George rob Florida in 2000?

But Obama recruited some state representative kid to hack Sarah Palin's yahoo account is believable?

Fucking :cuckoo:

i don't think anyone said that, Bobby.
It's a school night, off to bed with you.
don't forget to brush your teeth and say your prayers.

Sorry, Navy, I misread your post. You didn't claim it was mail fraud.

I googled around a bit and the best information I found so far was here:

What is the punishment for going into someone else's email?

It's not exactly clear, but I don't see how he'd fit under the first definition, as he didn't hack into someone's computer.

The third sounds the closest to what he did, though technically he didn't happen upon Palin's computer but she stupidly made it easy for anyone to figure out her password.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this.

Sorry, Navy, I misread your post. You didn't claim it was mail fraud.

I googled around a bit and the best information I found so far was here:

What is the punishment for going into someone else's email?

It's not exactly clear, but I don't see how he'd fit under the first definition, as he didn't hack into someone's computer.

The third sounds the closest to what he did, though technically he didn't happen upon Palin's computer but she stupidly made it easy for anyone to figure out her password.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this.

you disappoint me.
greatly.

Forum List

Back