Walsh case finally concluded

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RodISHI, Dec 16, 2008.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Fla. police close books on '81 Walsh killing

"The suspect, Ottis Toole, had twice confessed to killing the child, but later recanted. He claimed responsibility for hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions were lies. Toole's niece told the boy's father, John Walsh, her uncle confessed on his deathbed in prison that he killed Adam."

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    finally...some peace for the family after 27 years...this year has marked peace for the walsh family as well as the goldman family

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    That story sends chills down my spine. But I must say I got a little angry when reading the last 2 sentences:

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Morons do not know how easily children are targeted.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,630

Is that a play on his name Richard Moran? if not you missed a golden opportunity..

6. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    It was heart warming and heart breaking to listen to his words today. I do hope this is more closure for him.

I am not one who believes in role models, not really, but, this man comes close. I was raised and have always lived to try and find the positive out of a negative, a way to always flip a negative into something useful for someone. This man is truly the example of that.

As for making kids and parents fearful, I understand that assessment, but, I don't agree with it. I think he has succeeded in helping families truly understand reality and preparing for it. I know my children benefited from his efforts and they never shied away from strangers or new people, but, they were aware and cautious and they knew what to do, God forbid something bad transpire. Our society is what it is and the threats are real.

7. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Angry? It did precisely what he said it did. Despite the fact that children are about as likely to be abducted by strangers as they are to be struck by lightning, a mass panic and hysteria exists about "child molesters" or some other such undesirables lurking and prowling, waiting to kidnap and sexually assault children at every corner. Walsh is in no small part responsible for this, as he declared that his son had been murdered by a pedophile when they had only found his head, as well as his actions since then. I have nothing but disdain for the man.

I hear the man identified as Adam Walsh's killer described on the news as a "violent pedophile." Scanning through his Wikipedia article, he seems to have been quite...disturbed and heinous, (though much of it seemed like a tabloid piece), but I saw nothing whatsoever about him having a clinical diagnosis of pedophilia, and the media seems to merely be repeating John Walsh's assertion that he was a pedophile.

A CNN article (and many others) that I read identified Toole as a "convicted pedophile." But "pedophile" is a term intended to refer to a paraphilia, whereas "convicted" is a legal term. There can be no "conviction" of "pedophilia," and the media's misidentification of the term only serves to foster public misunderstanding of it.

This is troubling, because along with "terrorist," the term "pedophile" is a word intended to function as a control mechanism and to silence dissent and rational thought.

There is also really no concrete evidence that Toole sexually assaulted Adam Walsh, since they only found his head.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Good grief, another predictable rant by Pedastopate about how sex offenders are unfairly maligned and gosh it just isn't that big a deal.

The truth is, Walsh has known and the cops have known who the killer was for years. Hence dad's anger with the police that they wouldn't close the case, wouldn't prosecute, and refused to return the child's skull to him for burial.

Maybe he'll finally get his kid's head back now.

9. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    PROTIP: I'm not going to reply to your idiocy.

I've pointed out a clear misuse of the term "pedophile" and the fact that I have seen no evidence of a clinical diagnosis of pedophilia for this man.

You do the same thing.

So I don't give a fuck what you think, AllieBooba.

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Of course you don't. You march to a darker tune. One which excuses child molestation and minimizes the horror of child abduction, rape and murder.

Carry on, dirtbag.