Wall Street suspects Goldman charges 'not coincidental' to financial reform effort

Wall Street suspects Goldman charges 'not coincidental' to financial reform effort

Barclays banking analyst Roger Freeman comes right out and blasts the SEC effort as “a well-timed, and perhaps not coincidental, effort to sway some on-the-fence Republicans” to get tough on financial reform.
Legit move by Barry, or wag the dog for another of his 'takeovers' of the private sector...you decide.

It is not conincidental. it is a coordinated attack.. and WallStreet knows it.

Barclays banking analyst Roger Freeman comes right out and blasts the SEC effort as “a well-timed, and perhaps not coincidental, effort to sway some on-the-fence Republicans” to get tough on financial reform.
Legit move by Barry, or wag the dog for another of his 'takeovers' of the private sector...you decide.

oh and btw,, bawney fwank did exactly what obie wan messiah accuses Goldman Sachs of doing.. but you don't see obie wan saying a word about bawney do ya??? The only person who called bawney fwanks out on it was Bill O'Reilly.

It is not conincidental. it is a coordinated attack.. and WallStreet knows it.
And I wonder if those that took campaign contributions from those they openly now attack will give it back?

Just another Hopey Changey shell game. He gives Wall Street $Billions in Tax Payer bailouts and now he's pretending he's gonna crack down on them. Some people really will buy anything. Now it's back to their "Evil Wall Street" rhetoric. This stuff really does sell to the usual suspects. I know i'm not buying this stuff. This Administration already bailed Wall Street out so it's too late for the "Evil Wall Street" scam. People really should see through these kinds of scams. Lets hope they do. Make 2010 count people.

If anyone thinks this is a coincidence, I've got some great swampland to sell you. Did Obama hire Karl Rove?

Having said that, I support much of the new bill.

If anyone thinks this is a coincidence, I've got some great swampland to sell you. Did Obama hire Karl Rove?

Oh, c'mon...Have you actually seen the bill?

In any case, if the Marxocrats remain true to form, there will be at least one completely unrelated power grab (i.e. nationalizing of student loans) stuffed into that incomprehensible legislative Frankenstein's monster-to-be.

1. GS will hire the best lawyers in the history of the universe...

2."They will make public statements about mounting a 'vigorous defense' while negotiating a settlement that will involve a large check and quite possibly the sacrifice of 'Fabulous' Fabrice Tourre.

3. "...Goldman will admit no wrongdoing and the White House will claim victory."

4. Nobody will be more employed, safer, or in better shape as a result of any of this.

5. "The lawyers and PR reps involved in the case will buy Maseratis and vacation homes. Lots of them.

6. "Fabrice Tourre will be running his own hedge funds within 3 years."

7. "Everyone connected to this case will still have more money in the bank, in real estate, and in investments than you could ever dream of."

Sudden Outrage should be directed at the new class war that the FIRE sector (Finance, Insurance, and Real estate) is waging against labor and Industry. (Including all small business owners)

FIRE stands upright on two legs.
Republican and Democrat.
Next November 2nd...amputate BOTH of FIRE's legs by voting Green or Lib!
Fire the 2nd 'Shot Heard 'Round the World.

Oh, c'mon...Have you actually seen the bill?

In any case, if the Marxocrats remain true to form, there will be at least one completely unrelated power grab (i.e. nationalizing of student loans) stuffed into that incomprehensible legislative Frankenstein's monster-to-be.

Much of it.

I'm sure there is some stupid stuff in there but it will increase the regulation and transparency of the derivatives market. Derivatives will be put on the same footing as stocks, bonds, futures, options, commodities, etc. Why anyone would argue that there should be less transparency in any market - particularly those who believe in the free market - is beyond me, let alone in a $700 trillion market which contributed to the financial crisis. You know, apart from those who massively profit from opaqueness and controlling information and the market at the expense of everyone else.

We already had regulators in place that should've sniffed out Bernie Madoff and numerous other unheard of local Ponzi scam artists...How'z that worked out?

In fact, I'd say that the SEC has to be the most ineffective, derelict and plain old corrupt bureaucracy out there...Why give people who've failed miserably any more power?

Here's the thing: What Goldman is accused of is Already Against The Law and Already Regulated.

We don't need more regulation - we need to enforce the laws that are on the books. The Dodd bill include More Money For Future Bail Outs and More Latitude for the Government To Bail Out Firms. It doesn't solve the problem.

We already had regulators in place that should've sniffed out Bernie Madoff and numerous other unheard of local Ponzi scam artists...How'z that worked out?

In fact, I'd say that the SEC has to be the most ineffective, derelict and plain old corrupt bureaucracy out there...Why give people who've failed miserably any more power?

What is the difference between having no regulation and having regulation but not enforcing it? That is de facto deregulation.

But you miss the point. The legislation will force many more derivatives onto exchanges, which will increase transparency of pricing, require daily mark to market of collateral, and take power away form a handful of firms which control pricing in an opaque market. How can anyone be against that? This is what is required of stocks, commodities, options, futures, etc. Why not derivatives, especially now that it represents six times the gross domestic product of the world? What is the argument against making a market more efficient?

How about we just quit bailing out corporations and partnerships with Taxpayer Money?

What is the difference between having no regulation and having regulation but not enforcing it? That is de facto deregulation.

But you miss the point. The legislation will force many more derivatives onto exchanges, which will increase transparency of pricing, require daily mark to market of collateral, and take power away form a handful of firms which control pricing in an opaque market. How can anyone be against that? This is what is required of stocks, commodities, options, futures, etc. Why not derivatives, especially now that it represents six times the gross domestic product of the world? What is the argument against making a market more efficient?
Fair enough.

How many pages would you need to spell that all out?...20-30, maybe even 50?

I'll give odds that the bill comes in with no fewer than 1,000 pages, and any really useful "reform" will be next to useless.

If you're not jaded by now, you haven't been paying attention.

How about we just quit bailing out corporations and partnerships with Taxpayer Money?

That is in the Obama bill.

The bill makes it illegal to bail them out again.

BTW people this investigation was not timed to coincide with the push to fix the regulations.

If anything Obamas put this aside to do other things first and had an idea when these investigations might come to fruitation.

That is not illegal its smart politics.

No. It's not.

The bill includes $50B for future bail outs, as well as expanded powers for the government to decide who is Too Big Too Fail in order to force them to accept bail outs or through a re-organization process.

Forum List

Back