Wage Increase? Hell Freeze Them, Then Cut Them

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Government hiring has exploded and wage increases likewise. Now this? Who the hell do they think pays for this? Oh yeah, those in the private sector with real income losses:

Examiner Editorial: Federal pay hike? Let's start with a freeze, then cut 10 percent | Washington Examiner

Federal pay hike? Let's start with a freeze, then cut 10 percent
Examiner Editorial
November 10, 2010

Record numbers of Americans are out of work, struggling to avoid foreclosure, and watching their retirement savings evaporate. Meanwhile, 2.1 million federal civil service workers have never had it so good. The number of these government workers making more than $150,000 per year has more than doubled since President Obama took office, and it has increased tenfold since 2005, according to USA Today. In 2005, the Defense Department had nine civilian employees making more than $170,000. When Obama took office, the number had risen to 214. The number is now 994 -- an 11,000 percent increase in five years.

Obama has exacerbated the problem by creating 141,000 new federal jobs since he took office -- and that total doesn't count temporary census workers, the postal service or the uniformed military. Democrats are already talking about using the upcoming lame-duck legislation to grant the federal work force yet another pay increase, this time of 1.4 percent. Never mind that federal pay has increased 3 percent annually since 2005. Never mind that inflation has been nonexistent during that period, or that total compensation for federal bureaucrats has increased nearly four times faster than in the private sector...

Oh..I thought this thread was about corporate officers.

Who..after the bailout still are getting multi-million dollar bonuses.

Never mind..

I hear you - the government needs to shed a boatload of "do nothing" employees in all departments and agencies.

I'm sure that's true. But even the one's that are doing a fair day's work, no increases! Not until private sector starts catching up.

As for corporate officer's, let the stock holders decide on their compensation.

Forum List

Back