Waffen SS during WWII

proves my point
if the French and Brits were better, had better and MORE tanks/etc--how were they defeated?
well the brits were never defeated and the french like I said could be beat by a kid with a cap gun
....if you know anything about military history, rarely does an invading country totally defeat another country --much less defeat TWO countries' armies--post 1900
...remember, the US provided the UK with logistics/supplies/weapons/etc--the UK was never going to defeat Germany
then why did you say germany defeated britan???
and I never said they were going to
.......the Brits WERE defeated at the Battle of France--where France surrendered and the Brits kicked off the continent ---Germany in control----this is a MAJOR accomplishment/victory/etc---not some insignificant battle
so they won the battle but lost the war,,,typically what happens to blood thirsty monsters that reach for to much,,,it was a good day when they died

well the brits were never defeated and the french like I said could be beat by a kid with a cap gun
.....the Brits were kicked off the continent/beaten at the Battle of France/etc = the Germans were better
I never said they werent, but they didnt defeat them
.....the Germans probably would've defeated the US Army in 1940 like they did at the Kasserine Pass [ especially when the odds were more even ] ---the Germans were good
....the Germans beat the French and Brits because they were good
....my brother asked me one time how could the Germans beat them-?--what was the difference?--the culture/discipline/etc...the Germans were and are known for great discipline
...per my previous post--I was in the military ...I advanced very quickly in rank because--simply--I had great discipline
...it's easier to train an army if the people's culture has discipline
..then it is ''easier''/better in combat regarding:
---weapon accuracy-I was one of the best shooters in my company-it seems so simple to hit a target--yes? just line up the rear and front sight ---but it takes discipline to do it right, over and over
---keeping weapons in order/clean/etc
---executing tactics/movements
---logistics--which the Germans were good at because they were known for orderliness/discipline/keeping excellent records/etc
--great weapons/gear
---etc
...the Japanese were also great soldiers regarding discipline also--they could move much farther with more gear and less to eat/etc....
....look at the Japanese and German economies now--#s 3 and 4

proves my point
if the French and Brits were better, had better and MORE tanks/etc--how were they defeated?
.....the Brits were kicked off the continent/beaten at the Battle of France/etc = the Germans were better
.....the Germans probably would've defeated the US Army in 1940 like they did at the Kasserine Pass [ especially when the odds were more even ] ---the Germans were good
....my brother asked me one time how could the Germans beat them-?--what was the difference?--the culture/discipline/etc...the Germans were and are known for great discipline
...per my previous post--I was in the military ...I advanced very quickly in rank because--simply--I had great discipline
---weapon accuracy-I was one of the best shooters in my company-it seems so simple to hit a target--yes? just line up the rear and front sight ---but it takes discipline to do it right, over and over
---logistics--which the Germans were good at because they were known for orderliness/discipline/keeping excellent records/etc
---etc
...the Japanese were also great soldiers regarding discipline also--they could move much farther with more gear and less to eat/etc....
after all that said the fact remains ,,,,THEY LOST THE WAR,,,so not such a good army after all

....if you know anything about military history, rarely does an invading country totally defeat another country --much less defeat TWO countries' armies--post 1900
...remember, the US provided the UK with logistics/supplies/weapons/etc--the UK was never going to defeat Germany
.......the Brits WERE defeated at the Battle of France--where France surrendered and the Brits kicked off the continent ---Germany in control----this is a MAJOR accomplishment/victory/etc---not some insignificant battle
so they won the battle but lost the war,,,typically what happens to blood thirsty monsters that reach for to much,,,it was a good day when they died
..you are not understanding/remembering/comprehending !!!!
they were defeated by the TWO biggest nations in the world!!!!!!!!!!! plus the other great military powers France and England !!!!------
remember--this was TOTAL war--
......the US alone WAR MAKING POTENTIAL was greater than Germany and Russia COMBINED
Grim Economic Realities
Germany is a great country again--with one of the best economies

you--also--live in TV-movieland/unreality world--you do not know about history--cultures--peoples---
...a LOT of Germans did not like hitler/nazis--they did not want him in power--they knew he was bad----you are condemning a whole country because a small sub-group

---etc
after all that said the fact remains ,,,,THEY LOST THE WAR,,,so not such a good army after all
yes --a very good army

they were defeated by the TWO biggest nations in the world!!!!!!!!!!! plus the other great military powers France and England !!!!------
......the US alone WAR MAKING POTENTIAL was greater than Germany and Russia COMBINED
Grim Economic Realities

you--also--live in TV-movieland/unreality world--you do not know about history--cultures--peoples---
...a LOT of Germans did not like hitler/nazis--they did not want him in power--they knew he was bad----you are condemning a whole country because a small sub-group
THEY LOST,,,case closed

---etc
you seem to have very little knowledge/understanding of military matters

---etc
you seem to have very little knowledge/understanding of military matters
well I know enough to know who won and who LOST

Grim Economic Realities

THEY LOST,,,case closed
this sounds like your idea--very immature/ignorant of military history
The German soldiers of World War II have often been portrayed, both during the war and in the decades since, as simple-minded, unimaginative and brutish. Hollywood movies and popular U.S. television shows have for years contrasted confident, able and “cool” American GIs with slow-witted, cynical and cruel Germans.
but the reality is
Trevor N. Dupuy, a noted American military analyst, US Army Colonel, and author of numerous books and articles, studied the comparative performance of the soldiers of World War II. On average, he concluded, 100 German soldiers were the equivalent of 120 American, British or French soldiers, or 200 Soviet soldiers.
German Soldiers of World War II
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

also--you have a very impressive list of links to back up everything you say---but I do not
:rolleyes-41:

Grim Economic Realities

THEY LOST,,,case closed
this sound like your idea--very immature/ignorant of military history
The German soldiers of World War II have often been portrayed, both during the war and in the decades since, as simple-minded, unimaginative and brutish. Hollywood movies and popular U.S. television shows have for years contrasted confident, able and “cool” American GIs with slow-witted, cynical and cruel Germans.
Trevor N. Dupuy, a noted American military analyst, US Army Colonel, and author of numerous books and articles, studied the comparative performance of the soldiers of World War II. On average, he concluded, 100 German soldiers were the equivalent of 120 American, British or French soldiers, or 200 Soviet soldiers.

also--you have a very impressive list of links to back up everything you say---but I do not
history says the nazi army lost a war they started,,,case closed

Grim Economic Realities

THEY LOST,,,case closed

again--very impressive amount of links you post to back you up

the EXPERTS say you are wrong--post # 149

Grim Economic Realities

THEY LOST,,,case closed

are you saying nazi germany won WW2???

Grim Economic Realities

THEY LOST,,,case closed

hahahahhaa
the experts say you are wrong PLUS all my links show your are wrong
......so- the US military are not good because they lost in Vietnam????!!!!!!???

....the Germans COULD NOT beat the world---because of manpower/industry/lack of naval power/etc
...the US was never going to win in Vietnam EVEN though they had naval-air superiority/industrial advantage/etc

THEY LOST,,,case closed

hahahahhaa
......so- the US military are not good because they lost in Vietnam????!!!!!!???

....the Germans COULD NOT beat the world---because of manpower/industry/lack of naval power/etc
...the US was never going to win in Vietnam EVEN though they had naval-air superiority/industrial advantage/etc
so experts say they won the war????

who are these experts??? maybe they need to be tried, convicted and executred with all the other war criminals from germany

hahahahhaa

who are these experts??? maybe they need to be tried, convicted and executred with all the other war criminals from germany
hhahahahha
you ARE an amateur

hahahahhaa

hhahahahha
you ARE an amateur

hey I get it,,,you admire them
but sorry I will never have anything nice to say about them so get over it because they lost and the world is a better place because of it

When I troops came back from the Pacific, it took them awhile to come back to something close to normal. Some never did. But let's say that the US had to invade. Our Troops are now having to kill children armed with medieval weapons in order to stay alive. Children For God Sakes. It's one thing to bomb but another to see them up front and personal like that and kill the children. Children. We would have had a whole generation of basket cases on our hands. The damage would have been unrepairable to our young men. Sooner or later, the US would have to invade to end it. Truman did the only other option that was available to him to prevent this.

Grim Economic Realities

THEY LOST,,,case closed

you are wrong, ussr (stalin) started the war, and he was a hitler´s ally at that time

Whatever.

Americans like to believe that mass murdering thousands of innocent civilians of a nation defeated, defenseless, and desperately trying to surrender, was justified.

Proving government propaganda works.
Japan was neither defeated nor defenseless. How many casualties did they inflict on the Marines at Iwo? If they were desperately trying to surrender why did they refuse to surrender unconditionally?
WRONG, but you won't accept the truth. You can't

Iwo was early in 1945 and does not apply to our discussion, Secondly, Iwo was nothing but a terrible waste of young American lives, for nothing but more stars for the commanders. Iwo was not used after it was taken, for aerial bombing of a defenseless nation. Do you know from what base the a-bombs were delivered? It wasn't Iwo.

As a typical duped American, (I was there once), you fail to understand Japan and the murderous consequences of FDR's bloodthirsty "unconditional surrender" requirement.
Iwo was needed as an air base for the invasion of Japan. Okinawa was much later and the "defenseless" Japanese inflicted 50,000 casualties. They mostly fought to the death so I don't know they considered themselves defeated.

I'm willing to accept any truth, you just haven't shown me much. I'm not much of a conspiracy guy.
WRONG. Iwo was NEVER used for an air base by the US. Please look it up.
what????!!!!!!!!!!!!

300px-P-51s_at_North_Field_Iwo_Jima_1945.jpg
Where’s those damn bombers?

The Waffen SS during WWII were arguably the best trained and most professional combat soldiers to fight in any modern war. Their field grade and staff officers came from Prussian families who's ancestors had been military men for several generations. ... :cool:
They also committed some of the worst war crimes so I wouldn't call them 'professional'.

I wish I included your point. I'll ad:

Professional to the point they made the current Ukranians want Stalin back?

:)
its an old Stalinist myth no one wants koba back , everyone knew what koba was going to do to them , and they were gonna die from hunger again, and they have been right ...

Soviet famine of 1946–47 - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_famine_of_1946–47

Jump to In Russia - In the summer of 1946 there was a famine in the provinces of Rostov, Voronezh, Orel, Kursk and Tambov which was made worse by a ...
In Moldova · ‎In Ukraine

We might be talking about two different things. I'm talking about 1942 when the Germans somehow looked so bad they had partisans fighting them in favor of Stalin.

Forum List

Back