Voters Seeing Their Ballots Changed

bobdrake

Feb 13, 2016
[People voting for Donald Trump in today’s Super Tuesday Texas Primary are seeing their ballots changed to show a vote for Marco Rubio.

My comments:

When I vote, I always check my voting card to see the numbers line up before punching the card *and* make sure the punched hole is clean with no hanging chads.

I have yet to experience what these folks are describing as an issue if I line up my card correctly to begin with.

I have seen voters who checked their cards before handing them in, show the errors on their card to the election official who then voided the card and gave them a new ballot explaining to them the need to line up their card correctly.

In any event, I don't believe what is being described here is voter fraud, but...

What has your experience been?

What do you say?

I was given a voting card for the nominee and it was marked with Rubio, several other people nearby commented that they had also been given cards that had Rubio checkmarked. The person who was in charge of handing out the voting cards is someone I know and they did not do this and were just as surprised to see it. The person who had stacks of the voting tickets had Rubio checkmarked tickets mixed into the stack that were sent from the higher up part of the Republican workers. I did not investigate where the cards had come from, but they must have been printed and sent by other workers in the Republican party.

Since Rubio checkmarks were mixed into the voting cards at a local level caucus event, it would mean the Republican party workers had mixed them into the counts in other places also.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back