Vizio sued for making creepy smart tv's will notify customers via the tv's

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Vizio, sued for making creepy smart TVs, will notify customers via the TVs
In what is likely a first in the industry, Vizio is on the verge of agreeing to display a class-action lawsuit message through its previously sold "Smart TV" televisions as part of a legal settlement. This message is meant to alert customers who bought the TV that they will be party to the forthcoming settlement and likely will get a small amount of money.

But, hey don't take our word for it, it's just another fkn conspiracy right. Cause posting to much bs is just to scary for those who still live in their own little world.

I'll beat the shit out of my TV if it messes with me!

Wow, a Vizio is what's been in my living room for over two years now. So far, there haven't been any problems with it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wow, a Vizio is what's been in my living room for over two years now. So far, there haven't been any problems with it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's not a physical problem,it snoops on you by gathering your information.

"The tracking started in February 2014 on both new TVs and previously sold devices that didn't originally ship with ACR software installed. The software periodically appended IP addresses to the collected data and also made it possible for more detailed personal information—including age, sex, income, marital status, household size, education level, home ownership, and home values—to be associated."

In what is likely a first in the industry, Vizio is on the verge of agreeing to display a class-action lawsuit message through its previously sold "Smart TV" televisions as part of a legal settlement. This message is meant to alert customers who bought the TV that they will be party to the forthcoming settlement and likely will get a small amount of money.

But, hey don't take our word for it, it's just another fkn conspiracy right. Cause posting to much bs is just to scary for those who still live in their own little world.

Samsung Smart TVs were doing this 2 years ago.

Damn! Too bad I own a Phillips...

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's not a physical problem,it snoops on you by gathering your information.

"The tracking started in February 2014 on both new TVs and previously sold devices that didn't originally ship with ACR software installed. The software periodically appended IP addresses to the collected data and also made it possible for more detailed personal information—including age, sex, income, marital status, household size, education level, home ownership, and home values—to be associated."
Thank you for telling me. Thankfully my TV is not one of the ones in question.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess my 39 inch screen is a dumb one. :D :D :D

Forum List

Back