Virginia Senate Race 2012: Allen vs Kaine, who ya got?

McDonnell garnered 58.5% of the vote back in 2009 which tells me Independents leaned heavily in his direction. Kaine has a lot of rotten baggage he brings with him. Allen had the Macaca incident which was shown to be contrived and utter bullshit. When Harry Reid called Obama a negro and referred to his speech as , "Negro dialect," the left sat there making excuses for the moron and yet crucified Allen for a term NO ONE knew. PATHETIC. I'll give the edge to Allen.. not to mention Kaine has been a huge DingleBarry cheerleader and Virginians are sour on Al Baraqi.

Last edited:
Virginia Senate Race 2012: Allen vs Kaine, who ya got?

It's too early for that. I suspect the rationale behind the resignation of Senator Webb, however, is that Jim Webb is on the short list to replace Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and the Dems will probably lose that seat anyway. You heard it here first!

I'd say with two equal candidates, the GOP probably has the advantage to take back that seat. From what I can tell though, Kaine would be a better candidate than Ex-Senator Allen. It should be a close one if Kaine decides to run. I don't think that "moment" was contrived at all.

McDonnell garnered 58.5% of the vote back in 2009 which tells me Independents leaned heavily in his direction. Kaine has a lot of rotten baggage he brings with him. Allen had the Macaca incident which was shown to be contrived and utter bullshit. When Harry Reid called Obama a negro and referred to his speech as , "Negro dialect," the left sat there making excuses for the moron and yet crucified Allen for a term NO ONE knew at the time. PATHETIC. I'll give the edge to Allen.. not to mention Kaine has been a huge DingleBarry cheerleader and Virginians are sour on Al Baraqi.

Well gee, I never suspected THOSE were valid and well-thought out reasons. How astute of you!

George Allen didn't do so bad in his bid for reelection, losing only by just under 9,000 votes. But he lost to a superb candidate who, at the time, was the face of the kind of change Americans were enthusiastic for. The Macaca incident maybe turned off some voters, but not those devoted to Allen's conservatism, so your argument doesn't fly.

McDonnell garnered 58.5% of the vote back in 2009 which tells me Independents leaned heavily in his direction. Kaine has a lot of rotten baggage he brings with him. Allen had the Macaca incident which was shown to be contrived and utter bullshit. When Harry Reid called Obama a negro and referred to his speech as , "Negro dialect," the left sat there making excuses for the moron and yet crucified Allen for a term NO ONE knew at the time. PATHETIC. I'll give the edge to Allen.. not to mention Kaine has been a huge DingleBarry cheerleader and Virginians are sour on Al Baraqi.

Well gee, I never suspected THOSE were valid and well-thought out reasons. How astute of you! George Allen didn't do so bad in his bid for reelection, losing only by just under 9,000 votes. But he lost to a superb candidate who, at the time, was the face of the kind of change Americans were enthusiastic for. The Macaca incident maybe turned off some voters, but not those devoted to Allen's conservatism, so your argument doesn't fly.

Awww, thank you for the lovely compliment. Glad we agree :)

Lastly, your opinion is just that.. an opinion. Show me a link supporting your claim that the macaca incident had little to do with Allen's loss?

Well gee, I never suspected THOSE were valid and well-thought out reasons. How astute of you! George Allen didn't do so bad in his bid for reelection, losing only by just under 9,000 votes. But he lost to a superb candidate who, at the time, was the face of the kind of change Americans were enthusiastic for. The Macaca incident maybe turned off some voters, but not those devoted to Allen's conservatism, so your argument doesn't fly.

Lastly, your opinion is just that.. an opinion. Show me a link supporting your claim that the macaca incident had little to do with Allen's loss?

He wouldn't have almost won should be your first clue.

Once more, just words- your opinion. Provide ANY data to support that opinion otherwise it's a moot point.

Once more, just words- your opinion. Provide ANY data to support that opinion otherwise it's a moot point.

You just made the point. Webb barely beat Allen in 2006, by just more than 9000 votes. Without "Macaca", Allen would've won.

That one incident was predominant over that election. With well over 2,000,000 votes cast, certainly that issue was worth more than 9000 votes or 0.39%. It was the primary reason Allen lost.

Last edited:

You just made the point. Webb barely beat Allen in 2006, by just more than 9000 votes. Without "Macaca", Allen would've won.

That one incident was predominant over that election. With well over 2,000,000 votes cat, certainly that issue was worth more than 9000 votes or 0.39%. It was the primary reason Allen lost.

Thank you!!!! EXACTLY~

I'm generally independent, but vote Dem a little more than Pub. There are a lot of Pubs I like. I like Rand and Ron Paul, Tom Coburn, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Lindsey Graham, Richard Lugar, just to name a few.

That said, I don't like George Allen at all. I would hope if the GOP is going to take back the Virginia Senate seat, they do it with someone else. ...And not Eric Cantor, I prefer George Allen if those are the two choices.

George Allen is a statue to the old guard GOP. Old, white, male. He has no chance of winning in Virginia in this political climate, unless the Dems choose to run Creigh Deeds again.....

That one incident was predominant over that election. With well over 2,000,000 votes cast, certainly that issue was worth more than 9000 votes or 0.39%. It was the primary reason Allen lost.

I suppose that could be true. I was looking at it from a more pragmatic point of view. He'll probably win the seat back, since VA isn't an entrenched Democratic state for sure.

That one incident was predominant over that election. With well over 2,000,000 votes cat, certainly that issue was worth more than 9000 votes or 0.39%. It was the primary reason Allen lost.

Thank you!!!! EXACTLY~

I see the point. Sorry.

Forum List

Back