VIDEO: Columbia university students support female genital mutilation

I'm dismayed at support for FGM. I don't care if it is religious or cultural, it is irrelevant. The support for the practice is disturbing. Talk about a war on women!

There isn't any 'support'. As I remember (this is an old thread somebody had to resurrect) it was one of those fake video polls where they manipulate people into agreeing with something stupid, just so they can make a YouTube upload out of it. No one who understands what FGM means actually supports the barbarity.

I hope you're right.

I remember it, I was in this thread when it was first dumped. No idea why some klown had to bump it again --- it never deserved an airing in the first place.

Some wags here are just not happy unless they're stirring shit.

I'm dismayed at support for FGM. I don't care if it is religious or cultural, it is irrelevant. The support for the practice is disturbing. Talk about a war on women!

There isn't any 'support'. As I remember (this is an old thread somebody had to resurrect) it was one of those fake video polls where they manipulate people into agreeing with something stupid, just so they can make a YouTube upload out of it. No one who understands what FGM means actually supports the barbarity.

I hope you're right.

I remember it, I was in this thread when it was first dumped. No idea why some klown had to bump it again --- it never deserved an airing in the first place.

Shit. My MIL is in here?!?!

I hope you're right.

Shit. My MIL is in here?!?!

:lmao:

Once AGAIN ---- FGM has nothing to do with "Islam" or any other religion. It's not a religious practice. It's an ancient cultural artifact ........ like circumcision.

"What is happening here"? Some asshat trying to hijack a thread, that's what. Which is not to suggest the thread had a legitimate rational basis in the first place....

He is right, but it is a huge, popular part of Islamic culture. Islam the gift that keeps on giving.

No, it is not any "huge popular part of Islamic culture"---- because it's got nothing to do with religion in the first place. It's ancient --- meaning it's far older than Islam, Christianism, Judaism or any other religion that may or may not be coincident geographically. It has no religious function at all --- in any religion.

There are areas in, say, Africa, where FGM as a practice survives. Some of those areas are coincident with Islam, and some are not. Meanwhile in Mecca the practice is considered backward and barbaric. There is simply no relationship, period.

What we have here is a troll trying to troll tired and thoroughly disproven myths, in the quest for Hate and Ignorance. Why anyone would deliberately choose to go with Hate and Ignorance, I can't answer. That's beyond my comprehension.
^^^ The Regressive Left's tolerance of its pet constituent religion remains strong.

Once AGAIN ---- FGM has nothing to do with "Islam" or any other religion. It's not a religious practice. It's an ancient cultural artifact ........ like circumcision.

"What is happening here"? Some asshat trying to hijack a thread, that's what. Which is not to suggest the thread had a legitimate rational basis in the first place....

He is right, but it is a huge, popular part of Islamic culture. Islam the gift that keeps on giving.

No, it is not any "huge popular part of Islamic culture"---- because it's got nothing to do with religion in the first place. It's ancient --- meaning it's far older than Islam, Christianism, Judaism or any other religion that may or may not be coincident geographically. It has no religious function at all --- in any religion.

There are areas in, say, Africa, where FGM as a practice survives. Some of those areas are coincident with Islam, and some are not. Meanwhile in Mecca the practice is considered backward and barbaric. There is simply no relationship, period.

What we have here is a troll trying to troll tired and thoroughly disproven myths, in the quest for Hate and Ignorance. Why anyone would deliberately choose to go with Hate and Ignorance, I can't answer. That's beyond my comprehension.
^^^ The Regressive Left's tolerance of its pet constituent religion remains strong.

My handicap is I actually studied Anthropology. It was my major. Consequently I know too much to indulge this bigot-ingnorance bullshit.

That's the pitfall of getting edumacated --- once you acquire a taste for knowledge, there's just no room left for ignorance. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way but YMMV.

My handicap is I actually studied Anthropology. It was my major. Consequently I know too much to indulge this bigot-ingnorance bullshit.

That's the pitfall of getting edumacated --- once you acquire a taste for knowledge, there's just no room left for ignorance. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way but YMMV.
Unfortunately, that just isn't true in real life.

Adherence and commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts both perceptions and thought processes, even with intelligent people, even with educated people. And once a person has contracted this affliction, normal, honest, civil communication with them is difficult, because they simply are not thinking clearly.

They become incurious, intolerant to new ideas, petulant, and far less likely to demonstrate any weakness or hint of capitulation in virtually any area. Such narcissism pervades most of their personality.

Compounding the problem even further is when they're convinced that they're "smarter" than those who dare to disagree with them. Of course, that's a standard symptom of the affliction.

Adherence and commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts both perceptions and thought processes, even with intelligent people, even with educated people. And once a person has contracted this affliction, normal, honest, civil communication with them is difficult, because they simply are not thinking clearly.

They become incurious, intolerant to new ideas, petulant, and far less likely to demonstrate any weakness or hint of capitulation in virtually any area. Such narcissism pervades most of their personality.

Compounding the problem even further is when they're convinced that they're "smarter" than those who dare to disagree with them. Of course, that's a standard symptom of the affliction.

dreamstime-sleepy2_orig.jpeg

Unfortunately it is true in real life. I literally studied these cultural artifacts in college, and that's why when I see these simplistic bigoted association fallacies they jump off the page. I already know better, so does Wikipedia, so does any academic source in sociology.

I don't do myths. I bust 'em.

The left supports all sorts of depraved, misogynistic practices.

Yo have proven you know nothing about Islam. You have nothing from the literature to back your claim. Show me a verse that condemns honor killing. You are the last person who should throw the word "ignorance" around

Unfortunately it is true in real life. I literally studied these cultural artifacts in college, and that's why when I see these simplistic bigoted association fallacies they jump off the page. I already know better, so does Wikipedia, so does any academic source in sociology.

Ah. Got it.

No you don't, you stupid asshat. You just engage in mythbuilding yourself, and pretend that your myths supercede fact and culture.

In other words, stfu. You are not an oracle, not by a LOOONNNNGGG shot.

Yo have proven you know nothing about Islam. You have nothing from the literature to back your claim. Show me a verse that condemns honor killing. You are the last person who should throw the word "ignorance" around

We already did that Spunkles. And your only retort was Pam Fricking Geller. You remain dismissed.

No you don't, you stupid asshat. You just engage in mythbuilding yourself, and pretend that your myths supercede fact and culture.

And this is the caliber of rebuttal I get. "STFU". Or in pictograph form :lalala:

Mythologists. Bless their little pea-pickin' hearts.

We already did that Spunkles. And your only retort was Pam Fricking Geller. You remain dismissed.

So you admit to knowing nothing about Islam. You should be dismissed. You have really done nothing but lie about Islam.

And this is the caliber of rebuttal I get. "STFU". Or in pictograph form :lalala:

Mythologists. Bless their little pea-pickin' hearts.

You're on ignore, and this smug hogwash is why. Your arrogance is based on nothing except your inflated opinion of your abilities.

Forum List

Back