Victory, Or Defeat. Which Is The Worse Outcome?

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Which is potentially worse for global security? Putins campaign being successful in Ukraine; and possibly providing him momentum to continue on, and possibly gobble up more nations?

Or a costly defeat in Ukraine, that has the potential to see Putin overthrown in retaliation for losing a war that wasn’t popular to begin with? With Putin deposed in such a fashion there is no way of knowing who would replace him, or how many people would replace him should his deposing fracture Russia. And while it probably goes without saying, I’ll say it anyway. “Keep in mind the massive stockpile of nukes Russia has”.
Which is the worse outcome possible here? Or are we screwed no matter which way the wind blows?

Last edited:
Which is potentially worse for global security? Putins campaign being successful in Ukraine; and possibly providing him momentum to continue on, and possibly gobble up more nations?

Or a costly defeat in Ukraine, that has the potential to see Putin overthrown in retaliation for losing a war that wasn’t popular to begin with? With Putin deposed in such a fashion there is no way of knowing who would replace him, or how many people would replace him should his deposing fracture Russia. And while it probably goes without saying, I’ll say it anyway. “Keep in mind the massive stockpile of nukes Russia has”.
Which is the worse outcome possible here? Or are we screwed no matter which way the wind blows?
The dead of both sides will have brothers and sisters and friends who will later kill for their lost ones now or later...........The undertakers are the only winners in any major War.

Putin is pushing the envelope as he owns Biden and the EU are paper tigers who have refused to arm the hell up.

I don't see Putin wanting to "gobble up more nations" he is taking Ukraine for political and safety purposes for his own nation's economic health and with the stupid NATO intrusions on his borders.

There is a lot of energy politics going on that the Media doesn't tell you.

Of course them failig to overthrow a democratically elected goverment is better, as long as the backlash from him or a replacement isn't worse.

I Imagine he wants control of Ukraine to ensure that they have options to further expand down the road and play some of the Golden Oldies from the 70s. Be it two months from capture or ten years, the rest of Europe would be in a more precarious position.

Of course them failig to overthrow a democratically elected goverment is better, as long as the backlash from him or a replacement isn't worse.

I Imagine he wants control of Ukraine to ensure that they have options to further expand down the road and play some of the Golden Oldies from the 70s. Be it two months from capture or ten years, the rest of Europe would be in a more precarious position.
The continent of Europe and all the nations are not exactly innocent in violence over the centuries. Russia could have been handled differently and we failed or did our swagger. We see many of our politicians in power and how they bloviate and are frauds in reality. It is not just keeping a calm head it is not playing divisive politics also.

I don't see Putin wanting to "gobble up more nations" he is taking Ukraine for political and safety purposes for his own nation's economic health and with the stupid NATO intrusions on his borders.

There is a lot of energy politics going on that the Media doesn't tell you.
One thing our controlled media will never say is this war is over, if a guarantee Ukraine will not join NATO.

Last edited:
I think, that the best result for the USA will be destruction of EUs economy after both war and sanctions. It will support American economy.
We need more rich, educated, white European refugees, ready to work for food and shelter.

Last edited:
I think, that the best result for the USA will be destruction of EUs economy after both war and sanctions. It will support American economy.
We need more rich, educated, white European refugees, ready to work for food and shelter.
Problem is… That by default… if that economic benefit shifted to American companies, the production would just be shifted to China. Strengthening our enemies.

Forum List

Back