Vice President Biden doubles down on his bad advice

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By John Pierce
February 28, 2013

What is it with vice presidents and shotguns? I mean, Dick Cheney may have accidentally shot someone in a display of poor firearms handling, but at least he never claimed that it was a good idea to do so.

But despite being thoroughly lambasted for last week’s illegal advice to shoot wildly into the air from one’s balcony, good ol’ Joe is back with more advice for those who are tired of living outside of prison.

In an interview with Field & Stream he made the following jaw-droppingly stupid statement.

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because [if] you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

A sitting vice president of the United States actually offered that advice to American citizens.

There is so much wrong with his statement that I hardly know where to begin. But since there are those who are unfamiliar with self-defense laws and might actually take the Vice President at his word, I feel I should do a quick two-point legal analysis for you.

1) You do not have the right to use deadly force merely to ‘keep someone away from your house’.​

That is not self-defense, it is murder.

2) Even when you otherwise might be facing a legitimate threat, you cannot fire blindly through a door without knowing who or what is on the other side.​
That is not self-defense, it is reckless endangerment!

So where will he go from here? What will be the next gem to fall from his lips?

I don’t know … but I do know this … I would much rather go duck hunting with Dick Cheney than ring the doorbell at Biden’s house.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Vice President Biden doubles down on his bad advice | Monachus Lex

Forum List

Back