Vets: did you ever witness uncommon valor?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I saw a Marine Staff Sgt and a Cpl. hop in a jeep and ride over a mine field to rescue injured Marine engineers. the Jeep trailer was riddled with shrapnel and the SGT was wounded in the arm.

a lot of it is ''uncommon'''
.....huge groups of humans with modern weapons trying to kill the other group is not common .......

I saw a Marine Staff Sgt and a Cpl. hop in a jeep and ride over a mine field to rescue injured Marine engineers. the Jeep trailer was riddled with shrapnel and the SGT was wounded in the arm.
....is this ''more'' heroic/less common than the Marine/soldier who goes into a combat zone/combat/attacks the enemy/stands his ground/--etc--with rounds flying all over the place---knowing an IED/mine could be anywhere?

a lot of it is ''uncommon'''
.....huge groups of humans with modern weapons trying to kill the other group is not common .......
I guess you were one of those "soldiers" who had a more philosophical viewpoint of their job. I hope you didn't get anybody killed.

acts in war [ humans performing ] are uncommon
humans try to kill other humans ---this is not common--or else we would not survive

com·mon
/ˈkämən/
adjective
  1. 1.
    occurring, found, or done often; prevalent.

Forum List

Back