Very cool Xmas gift

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Our son whipped these out on his 3D printer. How cool is that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419516174.682381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an AMC gift card. Surprise!!!!

Actually, he put Amazon gift cards in their jaws.

Cool! Merry Christmas.

You say he whipped them out, but how long does it actually take?

I'm not sure and have never seen it.

He said watching it is hypnotic and that the raw material resembles the 'twine' used in a weed whacker.

I'm not a geek. Not even close and I'm just fascinated that this sort of technology is available.

Luddy you are a atheist, why are you celebrating xmas?

Everything I have received so far was from my twin sister. It was all comic book related. I'd complain that she treats me like a child, but I love my new Batman hacky sack.

Our son whipped these out on his 3D printer. How cool is that. View attachment 35330

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get him to make some more and bury them in the sandbox at the local playground so some kid will think he found a real dinosaur :itsok:

That's a great idea.

He belongs to a group who share their 3D printers with those who don't have them and right now, he's working with an artist to create a sculpture.

Our grand kids have designed and made some things with it as well.

I just watched the video he made of making the T-Rex skull and I'm even more impressed. Its a huge machine and the interior looks sort of honey combed.

If anyone is interested, there are quite a few videos available on YouTube.

I just watched the video he made of making the T-Rex skull and I'm even more impressed. Its a huge machine and the interior looks sort of honey combed.

they use this Technology up on the Space Station Ludd....i saw a report where they needed a small tool to fix something and did not have it so they just made their own....hongkiat.com 20 Amazing Creations You Can Make With 3D Printing

here is the history of it.....

The History of 3D Printing - History Of... Reference Library - redOrbit

Last edited:

they use this Technology up on the Space Station Ludd....i saw a report where they needed a small tool to fix something and did not have it so they just made their own....hongkiat.com 20 Amazing Creations You Can Make With 3D Printing

...you can make a model replica of an expensive car, like a 1960 Aston Martin DB5 in a 1:3 scale then crash and burn it for entertainment...

:lol:

The technology is being used for quite a lot of things.

World s first 3D-printed lower jaw implant gives 83-year old patient her bite back - Images

I just think its very cool to make a T-Rex skull in one's basement.

World s first 3D-printed lower jaw implant gives 83-year old patient her bite back - Images

I wonder why Roger Ebert didn't get one of those. :dunno:

its amazing and cool.....this is leading up to the replicators like they use on Star Trek....

I wonder why Roger Ebert didn't get one of those. :dunno:

Forum List

Back