Venger/Cheetara: Romance Philosophy (Dr. Ruth)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a love-cheer prescriptive dialogue between Venger (a warlock) and Cheetara (a female semi-cheetah heroine) regarding modern sentiment/romance found in the 'sea' of technology and networking/traffic (not unlike the companionship/love advice we recognize from media-gurus and doctors such as the inimitable Dr. Ruth).

Do Internet chat-rooms and online-dating sites make you feel queasy or even non-spiritual?

This vignette was inspired by Green Card and Sleepless in Seattle.

====

VENGER: What's so grand about love?
CHEETARA: Love is the chemistry between souls...
VENGER: Well, I can always seek companionship with an 'Internet pen-pal.'
CHEETARA: There's nothing wrong with a pen-pal, but affection is important.
VENGER: What if I was born with a genetic defect disabling me from intimacy?
CHEETARA: I know medical conditions are possible, but there's always the imagination!
VENGER: Imagining affection seems hardly the same as winning love.
CHEETARA: Love isn't a contest; you have to think about what moves you to be with someone.
VENGER: I see; but male artists have become infatuated with their sculptures of women.
CHEETARA: Inanimate infatuation is not the same as ideal love.
VENGER: What if I love myself?
CHEETARA: You can be confident about your solitude, but that doesn't mean romance is trivial.
VENGER: Are you suggesting that if I meditate on trust/friendship, I'll 'understand' love?
CHEETARA: Precisely! Understanding love simply requires concentration (not ambition).
VENGER: Are you a fan of Dr. Ruth or Ann Landers?
CHEETARA: I appreciate media gurus/doctors who are accessible to the masses...
VENGER: It's one of the 'advantages' of modern technology/media.
CHEETARA: Are you a fan of Internet mail-order-bride services?
VENGER: I like the idea of technology connecting human souls...
CHEETARA: That can be either very spiritual or very 'mindless.'
VENGER: Yes, countless people seem to be 'addicted' to Facebook!
CHEETARA: Let's think about the value of romance rather than the intelligence of contracts.
VENGER: Socialization can rob us of sentiment; I myself meditate on shadow-lands.
CHEETARA: There is magic...even in the shadows!

After Venger concluded his rather intriguing and stirring chat with Cheetara, he returned to his own realm in the dark-parallax of the known universe, and Cheetara returned to her planet of semi-humanoid cat-beings known as ThunderCats. Venger gave Cheetara a crystal-ball so she'd be able to contact him, and Cheetara decided she would indeed give Venger a 'call' sometime, since she found him attractive and surprisingly curious about romance despite his seemingly obviously outward cold demeanor and blunt attitudes toward sentiment and imagination. Venger decided that if he heard Earth-news about humans committing 'online-related crimes' (e.g., Internet chat-room stalker/murders), he'd always remember Cheetara's soulful and somewhat 'sizzling' message about 'seeking glee.' Venger purchased his first iPhone.

====

{Venger & Cheetara}

venger3.jpg

Forum List

Back