Uzbek general refused to participate in drug traffic

Jamal

Rookie
Jul 19, 2012
Recently Uzbek president Karimov dismissed Uzbek Commander of Border Troops Mirzaev without any explanations. There is persistent gossip that this dismissal caused by recent skirmish near Kyrgyz border. But my sister-in-law has been working in Mirzaev's office for three years. She says that the story is much more complicated. Last several months all of them have been waiting for something of that kind. And everyone is quite happy that they've got off so cheaply. The point is that Karimov's people kept Mirzaev's office and Major General himself under tough pressure. They needed safe channel for transporting drugs from Afghanistan. But Ruslan Mirzaev stayed unbendable. My sister-in-law even celebrated her boss's dismissal. But I think that it was rather early. Our President's special service is very vindictive. They don't like to keep unnecessary witnesses alive. It won't be surprise if suddenly she would occur to be a swindler or would get some horrible disease or mental affection. It would be mere luck if our president would forget about us. Nearly everyone in our family is praying about that.

Forum List

Back