Utah Nurse Arrested For Doing Her Job Reaches $500,000 Settlement

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Utah Nurse Arrested For Doing Her Job Reaches $500,000 Settlement

Some will remember this..a cop arrested a Utah nurse for protecting the rights of her patient, a severely burned truck driver, an off-duty reserve police officer from Idaho..who later died.

"Wubbels says she will use a portion of the money to help people get access to police body camera footage of incidents involving themselves, The Salt Lake Tribune reports. Her attorney's firm will provide free legal services for those seeking access to video. Wubbels says she also plans to donate to the Utah Nurses Association and help lead the #EndNurseAbuse campaign. "

I saw the video on the news. Not only do I think she should get a full million, but I also think that the cop who did the arrest should be banned from ever serving in law enforcement again.

The cop was fired, and the watch commander who told him to arrest Wubbels was demoted from lieutenant to patrolman.

I didn't say for them to just be fired, I want that cop to be permanently banned from ever serving in law enforcement.
of course you do, btw, the police were in the wrong here, but the cop was doing his job and following orders, same as the nurse

You're right, of course I do. Why? Because if someone in the military had done something like this, they would have been kicked out with an RE-4 code, meaning they could never reenlist or serve in any other Armed Forces. How do I know this? Because I served over 20 years in the Navy and know the standards we were held to.

The police should be held to at least the same standards as the military.

I didn't say for them to just be fired, I want that cop to be permanently banned from ever serving in law enforcement.
of course you do, btw, the police were in the wrong here, but the cop was doing his job and following orders, same as the nurse

You're right, of course I do. Why? Because if someone in the military had done something like this, they would have been kicked out with an RE-4 code, meaning they could never reenlist or serve in any other Armed Forces. How do I know this? Because I served over 20 years in the Navy and know the standards we were held to.

I also served in the Navy, and I know the rule concerning, "if you feel you are being given an unjust order you are to follow it and then report the occurrence to a division officer or higher up" and the police officer handled this just as you would have, you would not have disobeyed a direct order and neither would/did that police officer...in fact if he had done it your way he would have been fired with no chance of returning to law enforcement and if you disobeyed an order like the one above you would at minimum gone to captains mast and been busted down to seaman recruit ...insubordination in the ranks is one of the most egregious acts of the military or law enforcement....I assume you are/were a chief...I was in from 77-81 did one med was an RM, served on the USS America, CVA-66, one of the last conventional bird farms

I also served in the Navy, and I know the rule concerning, "if you feel you are being given an unjust order you are to follow it and then report the occurrence to a division officer or higher up" and the police officer handled this just as you would have, you would not have disobeyed a direct order and neither would/did that police officer...in fact if he had done it your way he would have been fired with no chance of returning to law enforcement and if you disobeyed an order like the one above you would at minimum gone to captains mast and been busted down to seaman recruit ...insubordination in the ranks is one of the most egregious acts of the military or law enforcement....I assume you are/were a chief...I was in from 77-81 did one med was an RM, served on the USS America, CVA-66, one of the last conventional bird farms

Actually, when I was stationed in Newport RI, I was part of the security force, and if I had taken in an unconscious person to the hospital and then asked for blood work on the order of my supervisor and then was told it was against regs to do so by the nurse, I would have asked to see the regs, then contacted the supervisor and told them why I wasn't going to follow their directive.

Done it several times before, and have never been afraid to take on someone in a higher paygrade if I knew I was right. Took on everything from SCPO's while working at a MEPS (recruiters are notorious for not following the rules), all the way up to CDR's (had an OIC that knew zip point squat about paperwork and had to show him on a regular basis), and have even won a disagreement with an Admiral who was going to be the head of BUPERS.

Nope. The cop was in the wrong and should never serve in law enforcement again.

Actually, when I was stationed in Newport RI, I was part of the security force, and if I had taken in an unconscious person to the hospital and then asked for blood work on the order of my supervisor and then was told it was against regs to do so by the nurse, I would have asked to see the regs, then contacted the supervisor and told them why I wasn't going to follow their directive.

Done it several times before, and have never been afraid to take on someone in a higher paygrade if I knew I was right. Took on everything from SCPO's while working at a MEPS (recruiters are notorious for not following the rules), all the way up to CDR's (had an OIC that knew zip point squat about paperwork and had to show him on a regular basis), and have even won a disagreement with an Admiral who was going to be the head of BUPERS.

Nope. The cop was in the wrong and should never serve in law enforcement again.
the cop had no choice, and if you disobeyed a direct order in the military then you just did not get reported, if you had you would have at the very least been sent mast...taking on enlisted personnel is not what we are talking about, commanding officers are, I notice you did not address the issue of obeying/disobeying a direct order...have you ever disobeyed one? And if I were that police officer I would have followed that nurses lead and just done my job

Forum List

Back