US's true motive for Iraq intervention

How much oil do we get from the middle east?

Not as much as you think.

But hey, when do liberals ever let facts sway their opinion. But then again, when do liberals ever acknowledge facts?

How much petroleum does the United States import and from where?

Moot point.
Kurd oil part of the petrodollar matrix.

Moot point my ass.

He's claiming our interest is in the oil and I've just shown how little we depend on middle east oil.

Tell me, how much oil did we get from Iraq?

You people are dumber than dirt.

Can you spell P-E-T-R-O-D-O-L-L-A-R? :lol: (Didn't think so, einstein.....).

There is another one point. So called ISIS (now IS), was the force that helped US to "establish business" and "bring the peace" in Syria before. Of course, that Obama has sponsored his "arms of justice". It turns out that these radicals, realizing their power, decided to get out of control and do their own things. Obama has nurtured global threat. Then they just veered out of control and now the government have to suppress them
BULLSHIT!

Obama only armed non-jihadists.

U.S. Begins Shipping Arms for Syrian Rebels - WSJ

WASHINGTON—The Central Intelligence Agency has begun moving weapons to Jordan from a network of secret warehouses and plans to start arming small groups of vetted Syrian rebels within a month, expanding U.S. support of moderate forces battling President Bashar al-Assad, according to diplomats and U.S. officials briefed on the plans.

snip/

Saudi Arabia is expected to provide shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles, known as Manpads, to a small number of handpicked fighters, as few as 20 at first, officials and diplomats said. The U.S. would monitor this effort, too, to try to reduce the risk that the Manpads could fall into the hands of Islamists.

snip/

The CIA has put in place what officials have described as an "elaborate" vetting procedure for the rebels they train. But officials acknowledged the difficulty of getting reliable information about the backgrounds of individual foot soldiers in a country where the CIA has limited intelligence-collection resources.

The agency is under pressure from the White House and Congress to minimize the risk that American arms could be diverted to hardline Islamists, particularly the al Qaeda-aligned al Nusra Front. Mr. Obama rejected a proposal last year for the CIA to arm moderate rebels because of concerns that weapons would end up in the hands of extremists. But administration officials said the agency has a much better understanding today of who's who in the opposition, and has confidence in Gen. Idris's leadership.

U.S. oil companies that operate in Kurdistan:

Exxon Mobil
Marathon
Chevron
Hess

So?

Sorta explains U.S. airstrike timing. Erbil was in jeopardy. Saving persecuted Christians does put a nice humanitarian 'spin' on things, tho'.

This is where you morons make your mistakes. You make claims that you cannot back up with any evidence.

If this was or is about oil, then show some evidence to support it.

There is another one point. So called ISIS (now IS), was the force that helped US to "establish business" and "bring the peace" in Syria before. Of course, that Obama has sponsored his "arms of justice". It turns out that these radicals, realizing their power, decided to get out of control and do their own things. Obama has nurtured global threat. Then they just veered out of control and now the government have to suppress them
BULLSHIT!

WASHINGTON—The Central Intelligence Agency has begun moving weapons to Jordan from a network of secret warehouses and plans to start arming small groups of vetted Syrian rebels within a month, expanding U.S. support of moderate forces battling President Bashar al-Assad, according to diplomats and U.S. officials briefed on the plans.

snip/

Saudi Arabia is expected to provide shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles, known as Manpads, to a small number of handpicked fighters, as few as 20 at first, officials and diplomats said. The U.S. would monitor this effort, too, to try to reduce the risk that the Manpads could fall into the hands of Islamists.

snip/

The CIA has put in place what officials have described as an "elaborate" vetting procedure for the rebels they train. But officials acknowledged the difficulty of getting reliable information about the backgrounds of individual foot soldiers in a country where the CIA has limited intelligence-collection resources.

The agency is under pressure from the White House and Congress to minimize the risk that American arms could be diverted to hardline Islamists, particularly the al Qaeda-aligned al Nusra Front. Mr. Obama rejected a proposal last year for the CIA to arm moderate rebels because of concerns that weapons would end up in the hands of extremists. But administration officials said the agency has a much better understanding today of who's who in the opposition, and has confidence in Gen. Idris's leadership.

Unfortunately that was a year ago and many "rebels" have deserted and taken their weapons to fight with ISIS.

Moot point.
Kurd oil part of the petrodollar matrix.

Moot point my ass.

He's claiming our interest is in the oil and I've just shown how little we depend on middle east oil.

So spelling out a word is evidence?

You have to do better than that chief.

Moot point my ass.

Here......edukate yourself:

Peak Generation: Petrodollar warfare

This is how stupid the left is.

They believe an entire nation would go to war and spend a trillion dollars so that a select group of companies can make a few billion.

No one can tell me that liberals are not brain damaged. With that kind of logic, there is no other explanation.

The first sentence is so utterly stupid I will not proceed to read any further.

"A dozen national leaders will sit in a room in Libya sometime in 2012 and essentially decide whether the U.S. continues as a country."

The first sentence is so utterly stupid I will not proceed to read any further.

"A dozen national leaders will sit in a room in Libya sometime in 2012 and essentially decide whether the U.S. continues as a country."

Very open-minded of you.
I find it a useful paradigm to make sense of our mid-east involvements.
Anyways, it is not my responsibility to up your awareness and/or convince you. Also, I am not a leftist.......

BULLSHIT!

snip/

snip/

Unfortunately that was a year ago and many "rebels" have deserted and taken their weapons to fight with ISIS.
The weapons were light arms and nonlethal gear.

CIA begins weapons delivery to Syrian rebels - The Washington Post

The arms shipments, which are limited to light weapons and other munitions that can be tracked, began arriving in Syria at a moment of heightened tensions over threats by President Obama to order missile strikes to punish the regime of Bashar al-Assad for his alleged use of chemical weapons in a deadly attack near Damascus last month.

The arms are being delivered as the United States is also shipping new types of nonlethal gear to rebels. That aid includes vehicles, sophisticated communications equipment and advanced combat medical kits.

snip/

Although the Obama administration signaled months ago that it would increase aid to Syrian rebels, the efforts have lagged because of the logistical challenges involved in delivering equipment in a war zone and officials’ fears that any assistance could wind up in the hands of jihadists.

Ego, Bush wanted to "take out" The Man Who Threatened Poppy" and be a "war President"; the mess created was left behind. Obama is behind schedule working on the cleanup(.)

Forum List

Back