USMB Is Reviewing The Current Reputation Breakdown. We Are Open For Input Here.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Intense, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,075
    Suicide is a viable option

Try that one
    Free of charge from Dante

2. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,075
    Really? You never met a real old time poster who couldn't care less about "rep" if he tried. People who value rep on anonymous internet message boards need a real life

Free adice: ignore rep and it won't matter....and it becomes fun just negging people for the heck of it

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61,670
    Your experience is common for new members who choose not to join the right wing circle jerk. If you join, your rep will shoot through the roof. Every time you post "Liberals are Stoopid" rep will be heaped upon you

If a noob comes in posting liberal views the wolf pack will swarm trying to put you in the red and keep you there. They will neg you more if you complain. They will pile on more neg if you neg back. Opting out is the best option for a new liberal poster. They will taunt you for being a coward, but it drives them nuts when the bullies can't neg

This is what the board is today

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Derideo_Te

Derideo_Te Je Suis Charlie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,089
    Since I wasn't invited into the right wing circle I cannot comment. As far as the "wolf pack" is concerned there were a sum total of 4 "bullies" who attempted to pick on me as a "newbie". None of them achieved much probably because I didn't play their silly games. The "traps" were transparent and the responses predictable. I tried to set my own tone instead and found what I was looking for. After that they pretty much ignored me. But that was my personal experience. I can see how it could easily be different for others.

Rather than "opting out" there could be a "grace period" for all new posters of 3 months to give them time to learn the ropes before they can join the rep system. This means that any neg or pos rep doesn't apply durring their "running in" phase. Instead they will simply get messages that they have been neg or pos repped and by whom.

5. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,374
    Not our fault liberals attract idiots who get their feelings hurt easily. Then there are others who constantly lie their ass off like you.

6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,868
    The balance between Left and Right heavy hitters changes from time to time. It's all cycles. Bottom line, what comes around, goes around. You treat other people right, the rest becomes insignificant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.