USMB Blood Drive 2011

AnimeVice

Rookie
Dec 17, 2010
Here's something I'd like to start doing annually on the forums I go to. The idea is to have a blood drive every year. During this blood drive we would like to endorse for members of our community, to take a little bit of their time out and donate blood atleast once. You can't take it with you, so why not try and do some good? So please, give blood and help save lives! There are several benefits to donating your blood:

-You're helping save lives.
-Your blood will be screened for diseases, including STDs.
-You get a free physical health examination.
-Your iron levels will be lowered.
-Reduce your risk for cancer.
-Reduce your risk for heart attack.
-Donating replenishes your blood supply, with new, healthy blood.

You have to be atleast atleast 17 (16 with parental permission) years of age or older and weigh atleast 110 pounds in order to give blood in the United States. Unfortunately, this may exclude some of our 13-15 year old members, as well as some of our slimmer members. Homosexual individuals are also not allowed to give blood. Individuals over the age of 75, must have written permission from a physician in order to donate blood. Individuals who take any of these medications will also be ineligible to donate: Accutune, Proscar, Avodart, Soriatane, Insulin, Tegison, Propecia.

You can give blood at local blood donor events that your city may be having, your local American Red Cross center, or other blood donation centers. If you don't know where any blood donation centers are, you can always try your local hospital. Our community's blood drive is brought to you by Post To Save Lives, a not-for-profit organization that utilizes the internet to help our world and the people in it.

Here's something I'd like to start doing annually on the forums I go to. The idea is to have a blood drive every year. During this blood drive we would like to endorse for members of our community, to take a little bit of their time out and donate blood atleast once. You can't take it with you, so why not try and do some good? So please, give blood and help save lives! There are several benefits to donating your blood:

You have to be atleast atleast 17 (16 with parental permission) years of age or older and weigh atleast 110 pounds in order to give blood in the United States. Unfortunately, this may exclude some of our 13-15 year old members, as well as some of our slimmer members. Homosexual individuals are also not allowed to give blood. Individuals over the age of 75, must have written permission from a physician in order to donate blood. Individuals who take any of these medications will also be ineligible to donate: Accutune, Proscar, Avodart, Soriatane, Insulin, Tegison, Propecia.

You can give blood at local blood donor events that your city may be having, your local American Red Cross center, or other blood donation centers. If you don't know where any blood donation centers are, you can always try your local hospital. Our community's blood drive is brought to you by Post To Save Lives, a not-for-profit organization that utilizes the internet to help our world and the people in it.

You don't understand. If I give my blood to a liberal it'll kill em. :eusa_eh:

Do gooders kind of annoy me. How the hell do you know that people here don't already donate? And... if they don't.... ain't your business.

If I remember rightly, the OP is a liar who plagiarizes other people's work to pass off as their own.... next time, it might be an idea to find a less well know book to copy.... Biggest joke of all... when challenged on its plagarizm, the OP's excuse was that the book is in the public domain. LMAO. I despise plagiarists.

:lol: Funny.

Do gooders kind of annoy me. How the hell do you know that people here don't already donate? And... if they don't.... ain't your business.

If I remember rightly, the OP is a liar who plagiarizes other people's work to pass off as their own.... next time, it might be an idea to find a less well know book to copy.... Biggest joke of all... when challenged on its plagarizm, the OP's excuse was that the book is in the public domain. LMAO. I despise plagiarists.

Ah, the sweet sound of egg hitting face.

Ah, the sweet sound of egg hitting face.

War & Peace. :lol: Good idea, copy a classic piece of literature and pretend you wrote it... and, when challenged, say 'it's in the public domain'.... yea, cuz that makes it ok. Morons abound.

Are you saying you are diseased and would pass on your infection? Or perhaps a vampire?

Donating blood is always a worthy cause, but I don't think a message board with worldwide membership is a very productive venue for getting the word out. Local blood drives are usually well advertised, locally.

Are you saying you are diseased and would pass on your infection? Or perhaps a vampire?

Well, you just try mixing ultra conservative blood with liberal blood and see what happens, get back to us when you've found your sense of humor.

Forum List

Back