USMB Awards!

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
So, I thought it would be fun to get everyone's opinion on who the USMB award winners are around here. But, to put a twist on things, I thought we could model it after the NHL. Below are a list of trophies that an NHL player can collect at the end of the year.

For each award, apply the description to a board member and pass out your awards. If the response is good, I'll compile them and we can see who the true, user-voted all-stars are. (Assuming anyone cares)

Art Ross Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the individual who scores the most points over the last season.

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the individual who best exemplifies perseverance and sportsmanship. (The nice guy award?)

Calder Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the rookie of the year

Hart Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the most valuable player. (Who do you think is the most valuable member of the board?)

Jack Adams Award - Awarded to the coach of the year. (Could be interpretted as best teacher?)

James Norris Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the most outstanding defenceman. (Who backs up their arguments the best?)

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the player combining ability and sportsmanship (Who debates at a high level without resorting to insults and other "bad sportsmanship"?)

Hopefully some you will have their interest piqued enough to pick out some winners.

Forum List

Back