Useless facts

Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, was home to Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Anoka, MN (where I live) is the Halloween Capitol of the World

The writers of The Simpsons have never revealed what state Springfield is in. (my guess would be Confusion)

Bruce was the nickname of the mechanical shark used in the "Jaws" movies, which is where the creators of Finding Nemo got the name for their great white shark.

Billy Idol's song "White Wedding" was written about when Billy's younger sister got pregnant at 16 and their parents made her get married to the father.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, was home to Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Anoka, MN (where I live) is the Halloween Capitol of the World

The writers of The Simpsons have never revealed what state Springfield is in. (my guess would be Confusion)

Bruce was the nickname of the mechanical shark used in the "Jaws" movies, which is where the creators of Finding Nemo got the name for their great white shark.

Billy Idol's song "White Wedding" was written about when Billy's younger sister got pregnant at 16 and their parents made her get married to the father.

*Addendum* Bruce the mechanical shark was given the name because it was Spielberg's lawyer's name. ;)

fuzzykitten99 said:
I'm sorry, but that was not a useless fact at all. I've been wondering what that song was about forever.

Oh, you can't tie an alligator to a fire hydrant in New Orleans.

Coca-Cola in Japanese means "to make mouth happy"

Iceland consumes the most Coca-Cola.

Coca-Cola originally cost 5 cents, was green, and intended to cure hangovers and morphine addictions by being mixed with water.

There never was cocaine added to Coca-Cola, there were, however, trace amounts from the Coca leaf, from which the drink was made.

The largest area of fresh water is found in the Guarani Aquifer, a expanse of groundwater which lies beneath Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina.

The largest area of fresh water is found in the Guarani Aquifer, a expanse of groundwater which lies beneath Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina.

Now there's a fact that may not be all that useless !

Groucho Marx never said "Who are you going to believe? Me or your own eyes?" that line was actually said by his brother Chico

Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again Sam" in the movie Casablanca, he merely said "Play it"

The potato is originally from South America

Tom Cruise is from Syracuse, New York and originally wanted to be a priest

Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the first day of Spring

The Great Pyramid was the tallest man made structure in the world from the time it was built in 2400 BC until the time the Eiffel Tower was built in Paris in 1889

The number zero did not exist until its invention by the Indian mathematician, Brahmagupta, in the 7th century

Until the construction of the Three Gorges Dam in China, the Great Wall of China was the only man made object visible from the moon

The Persians invented the customs of shaking hands, wearing trousers and celebrating one's birthday

Romanian is a romance language like Italian, Portugese, Spanish, and French.

According to imdb.com, Paul Reubens, a.k.a. "Pee Wee Herman" was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps (sorry, Semper Fi, things like that happen! :) ).

Captain James T. Kirk's middle name is "Tiberius"

The pilot episode of Star Trek, "The Cage", was based on the movie "Forbidden Planet" which in turn was based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest"

The tallest mountain known to Man is not on Earth, but on Mars. Olympus Mons is 88,600 feet high (about 27 kilometers), over three times taller than Mount Everest. The mountain takes up the same surface area as the state of Arizona. The tallest mountain on Earth, not the highest, is the island of Hawaii, it stands over 31,000 feet tall from the floor of the Pacific Ocean. The highest mountain on Earth is as everyone knows, Mount Everest at 29,028 feet.

"Heroin" is a registered trade mark of the Bayer Corporation (as in Bayer Aspirin)

The calendar we now use is called "The Gregorian Calendar" after Pope Gregory. In it leap years occur every 4 years, except for century years not divisible by 400 (so 1900 was not a leap year, but 2000 was).

The first coded message was invented by Julius Caeser.

No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH".

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

The 'Looney Tunes' song is actually called, The Merry-go-round is broken down.

There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters, "therein": the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.

President Theodore Roosevelt was the first to announce to the world that Maxwell House coffee is "Good to the last drop."

Chewing gum is outlawed in Singapore because it is a means of "tainting an environment free of dirt."

Forum List

Back