US Senat Actin Lke A Bnch Of Numbskulls On EPA Isue!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
Supposedly, today or very soon the U.S. Senate is supposed to vote on a Republican amendment to a small business bill which would take away from the EPA the power to mandate on U.S. industry that they put into operation and utilize available technologies to reduce CO2 (carbon dioxide) emmissions. Republican Party leadership here is acting like brain dead drone for Special Interest in puching this amendment they act like CO2 emmissions poses no danger to the environment. Democrat Party leadership on this issue acts like econimically irresponsible leaders in not reining in the egregiously irresponsible current EPA! There should be an amendment on this CO2 issue but it should just be an amendment to rein in the EPA on the speed which they mandate on U.S. industries the implementation of CO2 emmission reduction technology, the amendment should stop the EPA from putting on a US business any CO2 mandates which cost the business more than twenty percent of their net profit per year from that business! It's called being responsible U.S. Senators!

Tell me again why I should support the EPA using a law designed to curb particulate pollution levels to control CO2. If you think it is such a big problem I suggest you lobby Congress to pass a law actually giving them specific authority to deal with greenhouse gasses, don't let a government agency cobble up regulations without any input from the legilature. If nothing else, that would prohibit someone else from coming in later and eliminating all that stuff you think is important with the stroke of a pen.

Forum List

Back