US lawmakers sent threatening letters with white powder

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Several US lawmakers received threatening letters containing a harmless white powder, but the sender warned more missives including a "harmful material" could follow, a Senate official said.

The news sparked alarm and served as a grim reminder of the 2001 anthrax attacks in which letters containing the deadly pathogen were sent to offices of two Democratic senators and several media offices. Five people were killed.

Similar letters, which included complaints about corporate influence over US politics, also were received by several US media outlets, but they did not contain any white powder, said law enforcement officials quoted by US media.

The letters were received by organizations such as The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Fox News and National Public Radio, reports said.

CBS News quoted a law enforcement official as saying that in missives to comedians Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, the sender warned that 100 letters were sent to the Washington or home-state offices of US senators.

Of those 100 letters, 10 of them would contain a deadly pathogen, according to the official.

Three US lawmakers sent threatening letters

Are we going to have to start microwaving our mail again? :confused:

Sadly, you haven't seen anything yet. The violence you will see this year will make this pale in comparison.

I hope you are wrong avatar. But I remember the terror of the anthrax attacks. I would not let my kids touch the mail. And what frightened me most was how little the so-called "experts" knew about it. When they told us to "microwave the mail" I was like "Are you effin retarded?".

I knew from the get-go that the post office was most at risk. And I ain't no anthrax expert. I'm just a middle class mom with a full brain.

Sadly, you haven't seen anything yet. The violence you will see this year will make this pale in comparison.
.....And, everyone was given PLENTY OF NOTICE.....

....if they'd been PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

WARNING 1: 2008!!!

WARNING 2: CURRENT!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!

judgment_day_terror.jpg

I hope you are wrong avatar. But I remember the terror of the anthrax attacks. I would not let my kids touch the mail. And what frightened me most was how little the so-called "experts" knew about it. When they told us to "microwave the mail" I was like "Are you effin retarded?".

I knew from the get-go that the post office was most at risk. And I ain't no anthrax expert. I'm just a middle class mom with a full brain.

583586.jpg

(....And, you're procreating????)
eusa_doh.gif

I'd have to agree with that. Simply put, it's going to get worse before it gets better, and the debt is the number one reason why. We're no where near out of the woods. We're still a train wreck in motion, and so far, NOTHING has been done to stop it. There's worse times ahead, and we could see all out anarchy yet.

Miss_Cleo.jpg

I'd have to agree with that. Simply put, it's going to get worse before it gets better, and the debt is the number one reason why. We're no where near out of the woods. We're still a train wreck in motion, and so far, NOTHING has been done to stop it. There's worse times ahead, and we could see all out anarchy yet.

crystal-ball.jpg

Shaman, I have been on countless internet forums for well over a decade. And not once in all those years have I ever put anyone on Ignore. I believe that if you don't like someone, just exercise a little self-contrl and stop talking to them.

However, your goofball posts with their large fonts and pictures and multi-colors absolutely destroy the reading experience in every topic in which you participate. They suck up bandwidth and just trying to scroll past them often involves a time delay even though I have the fastest internet speed possible.

I do not read your posts. They aren't worth the effort it takes to discern the compendious content in the chaos.

And so I find myself contemplating, for the first time ever, putting someone on Ignore. And even more bizarrely, for a reason unrelated to whether or not I disrespect their opinion.

Why do you make such a mess of your posts? Surely they take more time to create than they are worth, embedding all that html code and whatnot. Since so many people seem to feel the same way I do, what is the point? What are you getting out of being skipped over?

Last edited:
Shaman, I have been on countless internet forums for well over a decade. And not once in all those years have I ever put anyone on Ignore. I believe that if you don't like someone, just exercise a little self-contrl and stop talking to them.
Agreed!

Later....​

I see a topic title that says US lawmakers sent threatening letters with white powder. And I think, "Have these lawmakers been arrested?"

Then I read the OP article and it says US lawmakers received threatening letters...

:tongue:

I see a topic title that says US lawmakers sent threatening letters with white powder. And I think, "Have these lawmakers been arrested?"

Then I read the OP article and it says US lawmakers received threatening letters...

:tongue:
1st Clue?

The obvious.

Bubblehead!!

However, your goofball posts with their large fonts and pictures and multi-colors absolutely destroy the reading experience in every topic in which you participate. They suck up bandwidth and just trying to scroll past them often involves a time delay even though I have the fastest internet speed possible.

I do not read your posts. They aren't worth the effort it takes to discern the compendious content in the chaos.

And so I find myself contemplating, for the first time ever, putting someone on Ignore. And even more bizarrely, for a reason unrelated to whether or not I disrespect their opinion.

Why do you make such a mess of your posts? Surely they take more time to create than they are worth, embedding all that html code and whatnot. Since so many people seem to feel the same way I do, what is the point? What are you getting out of being skipped over?

He receives artistic points like the women's ice skating short and long programs in the olympics.

Ha ha. In Special Olympics they offer "Honorable Mention". I'm not sure if he'd even qualify for that. :lol:

My avatar seems to upset him for some reason. Hmmm. Theories?

And they never caught that one.

Forum List

Back