US image abroad surges under Obama

Yeah....America is such an "isolationist rock" that we have military troops stationed in more than 100 nations.

Korea, 'Nam, Iraq, numerous other smaller military interventoins like Haiti, Panama, Greanda, Kosovo....

Yeah....Isolationist....:rofl:

America is not isolationist.
Right wing Americans are.
My points stands...
:cool:

Yeah....America is such an "isolationist rock" that we have military troops stationed in more than 100 nations.

Korea, 'Nam, Iraq, numerous other smaller military interventoins like Haiti, Panama, Greanda, Kosovo....

My points stands...

So the Iraq War is the fault of the democrats? :cool:

Thanks you made my point, consensus has gotten us no where with N.Korea. Firm actions will.

No, I did not make your point. You tried to and failed....:eusa_shhh:

What is New Zealand doing about the North Korean threat?

Probably diplomacy. At the end of the day it's none of our business. It's a China, Japan, South Korea problem. If they start aiming nukes at us, no doubt we'll have our say.

We never wanted to be the world's policeman. You do. Have at it....

So the Iraq War is the fault of the democrats? :cool:

Don't mix warmongering and isolationism.

That aside, you make a fair point. A few Dems certainly voted for the resolution and those guys can take just as much blame for Iraq as the Chimp and his cabal of Chickenhawks...

Someone who promotes warmongering in other countries as some in this thread do cannot be isolationists.

No, I did not make your point. You tried to and failed....:eusa_shhh:

What is New Zealand doing about the North Korean threat?

Probably diplomacy. At the end of the day it's none of our business. It's a China, Japan, South Korea problem. If they start aiming nukes at us, no doubt we'll have our say.

We never wanted to be the world's policeman. You do. Have at it....

That started to a small extent under Wilson, and to a larger extend under FDR/Truman. US has been that way a long time

My points stands...
Which would tend to support my ongoing point that the Bushies (father and sons) and their neoconettes are closet leftists, rather than the alleged "far right".

Besides that, the term "isolationist" was invented by the meddlesome Wilsonian internationalist do-gooders, to disparage people who didn't want the American military to be the world's babysitter.

No, people like Obama because he is intelligent and know the way the world turns. He knows in order to get things done for America he has to get on with the rest of the world.

We know why right wing Yanks don't give a shit about the rest of the world - that is the template of their life - They are a rock and an island.

If you want isolationism, go live in Greenland....

and Greenland is beautiful this time of year.....and they hate Al Gore...

The US should do whatever it takes to benefit the US, the rest of the world be damned. Personally I don't give a flying fuck what country likes or dislikes us.

The stupidity of the right on display in a nutshell.

Leadership is based on consensus. We can accomplish nothing without the help of the other 6 BILLION PEOPLE on this planet.

That is why George Bush Sr. succeeded and George Bush Jr. failed. One understood that leadership is getting others to help you with your goals, the other did not.

Bull fucking shit. The US can be completely self sufficient, if it had to be, and it would still be the #1 superpower in the world.

Forum List

Back