US Hate preacher gets another gig cancelled

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Franklin Graham threatens arena with legal action as they cancel yet another stop on his ‘hate speech’ tour

US hate preacher Franklin Graham has reportedly threatened legal action against a Scottish venue after it cancelled one of his performances due to homophobia concerns.

The Trump-supporting preacher, who is known for praising Vladimir Putin’s anti-gay laws and blaming gay people for a “moral 9/11”, is set to visit the UK at the start of Pride Month in June as part of an eight-day evangelist tour.

So far three venues have cancelled his performances as a result of growing backlash led by LGBT+ activists. The latest to withdraw was Glasgow’s SEC Arena, which confirmed on January 29 it was cancelling due to “recent adverse publicity”.

I dont know why we are letting this freak into the country. He just makes a living out of hate.

Franklin Graham threatens arena with legal action as they cancel yet another stop on his ‘hate speech’ tour

US hate preacher Franklin Graham has reportedly threatened legal action against a Scottish venue after it cancelled one of his performances due to homophobia concerns.

The Trump-supporting preacher, who is known for praising Vladimir Putin’s anti-gay laws and blaming gay people for a “moral 9/11”, is set to visit the UK at the start of Pride Month in June as part of an eight-day evangelist tour.

So far three venues have cancelled his performances as a result of growing backlash led by LGBT+ activists. The latest to withdraw was Glasgow’s SEC Arena, which confirmed on January 29 it was cancelling due to “recent adverse publicity”.

I dont know why we are letting this freak into the country. He just makes a living out of hate.

I think its great, not that he suing. Evangelicals want to control everyones life.

Franklin Graham is fine when a business discriminates aganist faggots, but suddenly it's a *different* story when he feels targeted.

They've got a right to their religious beliefs, Tommy. It's not all based on hate. The LGBT community should remember these people have a right to their religious beliefs and as long as Graham isn't pushing for those beliefs to interfere with the LGBT community, they ought to let him call them names and predict hellfire, etc. What difference does it make what they think?

When everything is hate, nothing is hate.

It figures a brit poof-boi like you is in favor of government censorship.

8jkJWoK-86.gif

I think its great, not that he suing. Evangelicals want to control everyones life.
avnEZOZ_460s.jpg

View attachment 303643

What does your picture have to do with the OP?

View attachment 303643

It's us conservatives secret dog whistle. That we don't tell anyone about.
Itls sorta like, Broken Arrow during Vietnam.

They've got a right to their religious beliefs, Tommy. It's not all based on hate. The LGBT community should remember these people have a right to their religious beliefs and as long as Graham isn't pushing for those beliefs to interfere with the LGBT community, they ought to let him call them names and predict hellfire, etc. What difference does it make what they think?
The venues are concerned that their reputation will suffer.They have a point.

Are you sure they aren't just hoping to prevent a riot on their property?

View attachment 303643

View attachment 303643

So the Conservatives sunk the titanic. What were you afraid of British immigrants. Here I thought it was an iceberg.

/-----/ "Evangelicals want to control everyones life."
Unlike democRATs who want everyone to find their own way in life.
Urban Dictionary: nanny state
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nanny state
Top definition. Nanny State. Intrusive government policies in Europe and recently the United States, designed to legislate morality and social behavior, assuming the state knows best what constitutes such, in the goal of essentially protecting people from the obvious consequences of their own stupid and destructive behaviors.

Are you sure they aren't just hoping to prevent a riot on their property?

Either way works for Tommy and his ilk.

Don’t get me wrong Tommy, I don’t support what this guy spews, but censoring speech is a slippery slope. Censorship is fine when you don’t like the voice being censored, but if they can censor his voice, then they can censor your voice too.

Don’t get me wrong Tommy, I don’t support what this guy spews, but censoring speech is a slippery slope. Censorship is fine when you don’t like the voice being censored, but if they can censor his voice, then they can censor your voice too.

It is funny the way you talk to Tommy, like he can think.

The Brits just need to be careful; their history involves well over a hundred years of killing each other over their religion.

But he isnt being censored He is entitled to say whatever he likes. There are thousands of churches and chapels in the Glasgow area where he could probably get a welcome.
This venue is owned by the people of Glasgow. They will have policies relating to discrimination and what their venue can be used for. I suspect that he was booked without the venue having full knowledge of his spew.

Forum List

Back