US forces 'used chemical weapons' during assault on city of Fallujah

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
first off consider the sources used in the article then read this line "Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists," now i don't know about you but i'm pretty sure the assulat on fallujah was reported on the news live if i remember right. i also seem to remember some of the same news sites reported in this article aslo said that the iraiqs unleashed giant spiders that ate us troops whole. i'll try to find that load.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article325560.ece

By Peter Popham
Published: 08 November 2005

Powerful new evidence emerged yesterday that the United States dropped massive quantities of white phosphorus on the Iraqi city of Fallujah during the attack on the city in November 2004, killing insurgents and civilians with the appalling burns that are the signature of this weapon.

Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists, rumours have swirled that the Americans used chemical weapons on the city.

On 10 November last year, the Islam Online website wrote: "US troops are reportedly using chemical weapons and poisonous gas in its large-scale offensive on the Iraqi resistance bastion of Fallujah, a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein's alleged gassing of the Kurds in 1988."

The website quoted insurgent sources as saying: "The US occupation troops are gassing resistance fighters and confronting them with internationally banned chemical weapons."

In December the US government formally denied the reports, describing them as "widespread myths". "Some news accounts have claimed that US forces have used 'outlawed' phosphorus shells in Fallujah," the USinfo website said. "Phosphorus shells are not outlawed. US forces have used them very sparingly in Fallujah, for illumination purposes.

"They were fired into the air to illuminate enemy positions at night, not at enemy fighters."

But now new information has surfaced, including hideous photographs and videos and interviews with American soldiers who took part in the Fallujah attack, which provides graphic proof that phosphorus shells were widely deployed in the city as a weapon.

In a documentary to be broadcast by RAI, the Italian state broadcaster, this morning, a former American soldier who fought at Fallujah says: "I heard the order to pay attention because they were going to use white phosphorus on Fallujah. In military jargon it's known as Willy Pete.

"Phosphorus burns bodies, in fact it melts the flesh all the way down to the bone ... I saw the burned bodies of women and children. Phosphorus explodes and forms a cloud. Anyone within a radius of 150 metres is done for."

Photographs on the website of RaiTG24, the broadcaster's 24-hours news channel, www.rainews24.it, show exactly what the former soldier means. Provided by the Studies Centre of Human Rights in Fallujah, dozens of high-quality, colour close-ups show bodies of Fallujah residents, some still in their beds, whose clothes remain largely intact but whose skin has been dissolved or caramelised or turned the consistency of leather by the shells.

A biologist in Fallujah, Mohamad Tareq, interviewed for the film, says: "A rain of fire fell on the city, the people struck by this multi-coloured substance started to burn, we found people dead with strange wounds, the bodies burned but the clothes intact."

The documentary, entitled Fallujah: the Hidden Massacre, also provides what it claims is clinching evidence that incendiary bombs known as Mark 77, a new, improved form of napalm, was used in the attack on Fallujah, in breach of the UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons of 1980, which only allows its use against military targets.

Meanwhile, five US soldiers from the elite 75th Ranger Regiment have been charged with kicking and punching detainees in Iraq.

The news came as a suicide car bomber killed four American soldiers at a checkpoint south of Baghdad yesterday.

Lefty Wilbury said:
first off consider the sources used in the article then read this line "Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists," now i don't know about you but i'm pretty sure the assulat on fallujah was reported on the news live if i remember right. i also seem to remember some of the same news sites reported in this article aslo said that the iraiqs unleashed giant spiders that ate us troops whole. i'll try to find that load.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article325560.ece

By Peter Popham
Published: 08 November 2005

Powerful new evidence emerged yesterday that the United States dropped massive quantities of white phosphorus on the Iraqi city of Fallujah during the attack on the city in November 2004, killing insurgents and civilians with the appalling burns that are the signature of this weapon.

Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists, rumours have swirled that the Americans used chemical weapons on the city.

On 10 November last year, the Islam Online website wrote: "US troops are reportedly using chemical weapons and poisonous gas in its large-scale offensive on the Iraqi resistance bastion of Fallujah, a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein's alleged gassing of the Kurds in 1988."

The website quoted insurgent sources as saying: "The US occupation troops are gassing resistance fighters and confronting them with internationally banned chemical weapons."

In December the US government formally denied the reports, describing them as "widespread myths". "Some news accounts have claimed that US forces have used 'outlawed' phosphorus shells in Fallujah," the USinfo website said. "Phosphorus shells are not outlawed. US forces have used them very sparingly in Fallujah, for illumination purposes.

"They were fired into the air to illuminate enemy positions at night, not at enemy fighters."

But now new information has surfaced, including hideous photographs and videos and interviews with American soldiers who took part in the Fallujah attack, which provides graphic proof that phosphorus shells were widely deployed in the city as a weapon.

In a documentary to be broadcast by RAI, the Italian state broadcaster, this morning, a former American soldier who fought at Fallujah says: "I heard the order to pay attention because they were going to use white phosphorus on Fallujah. In military jargon it's known as Willy Pete.

"Phosphorus burns bodies, in fact it melts the flesh all the way down to the bone ... I saw the burned bodies of women and children. Phosphorus explodes and forms a cloud. Anyone within a radius of 150 metres is done for."

Photographs on the website of RaiTG24, the broadcaster's 24-hours news channel, www.rainews24.it, show exactly what the former soldier means. Provided by the Studies Centre of Human Rights in Fallujah, dozens of high-quality, colour close-ups show bodies of Fallujah residents, some still in their beds, whose clothes remain largely intact but whose skin has been dissolved or caramelised or turned the consistency of leather by the shells.

A biologist in Fallujah, Mohamad Tareq, interviewed for the film, says: "A rain of fire fell on the city, the people struck by this multi-coloured substance started to burn, we found people dead with strange wounds, the bodies burned but the clothes intact."

The documentary, entitled Fallujah: the Hidden Massacre, also provides what it claims is clinching evidence that incendiary bombs known as Mark 77, a new, improved form of napalm, was used in the attack on Fallujah, in breach of the UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons of 1980, which only allows its use against military targets.

Meanwhile, five US soldiers from the elite 75th Ranger Regiment have been charged with kicking and punching detainees in Iraq.

The news came as a suicide car bomber killed four American soldiers at a checkpoint south of Baghdad yesterday.

Right you are. There were embeds with Falluja strikes. History channel just this past weekend had the Falluja chronicles with nearly a scene by scene replay.

just posting the bullshit the foriegn media is throwing out there. just letting everyone know what we are up againest in the pr war that and the fact italian state run media is running with this story.

Berlusconi is losing his touch or the lack of independence of the Italian
media has been greatly overstated.

i just find it a tad bit odd that soon after a former italian intel agent gets fingered for forging iraq/nuke docs they deciede to run this

Berlusconi is a trick pony, and not true conservative in the American
sense. His tv empire propagates sleaze, well most of you would be shocked.

Since the kidnapping of some Italian/Lebanese? guys by Us agents from
Italy he has lost his enthusiasm for Bush. (imo)

Maybe he intentionally plays the anti American card to gain votes
from the leftist Italians. Many critisize the French on this board
for their military performance. As a German the Italian stand
out as the worst military ever closely followed by the Netherlands.

Since the days of ancient Rome all the guys who had the will to fight
either died or left to America. (applicable to most of Western Europe)

My advice never count on Italy. Yeah I took out a minute of my life
to hate on them. But hey they cost us Moscow. :D

dmp said:
Ooh! But it's a 'chemical!' AND the soldiers had 'weapons'...see?

:rolleyes:
So how does one get their skin melted from WP yet their clothes remain intact???? Sounds like propaganda to me.

CSM said:
So how does one get their skin melted from WP yet their clothes remain intact???? Sounds like propaganda to me.
Yep...most people in the western world don't know what WP is much less the people in the middle east, sooooooo there ya go, good propaganda.

But propaganda spread by Italy? We need to talk.

The Battle of Fallujah: A Comprehensive Briefing (v3.6)
by Joe Katzman at November 16, 2004 11:52 PM

"Wellington once observed that "nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." Nothing about it is nice; but better them than us."
-- Wretchard the Cat

As many of our readers know, there's a very significant battle going on in Fallujah right now. Want a one-stop shop that will help you keep track of what's going on as things develop, and link you to some of the smartest background analysis around so you understand the why and how, as well as the what? OK, you got it. One power-packed briefing, in depth and in detail.

Nov. 13/04: Evariste, of Discarded Lies, Obsidian of Obsidian Order, and Bill Roggio of the fourth rail have now joined in to help keep this briefing up to date. If you have a news item we've missed, please post it in the comments or email it to evariste, who will be updating this post periodically.

Visual Aids
Background & Context: Before the Battle
Background & Context: The Bigger Picture
Background & Context: The Military Dimension
Background & Context: The Press' Performance
Reports: Opening Moves - And So, It Begins...
Reports: Into The Mid-Game
Nov. 09
Nov. 10
Nov. 11
Reports: Entering the Endgame
Nov. 12
Nov. 13
Nov. 14
Nov. 15
Nov. 16
This briefing will be updated as excellent new sources are found and events continue to develop. Readers are welcome to suggest additional items for inclusion via the Winds of Change.NET Comments section.
more here
http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/005873.php

I love how they tagged in the line: "Meanwhile, five US soldiers from the elite 75th Ranger Regiment have been charged with kicking and punching detainees in Iraq." Just to make a war crime seem more possible.

Palestinian Jew said:
I love how they tagged in the line: "Meanwhile, five US soldiers from the elite 75th Ranger Regiment have been charged with kicking and punching detainees in Iraq." Just to make a war crime seem more possible.

Noticed that too huh??

So its propaganda, haha, typical...

Emmm, chemical wepons.

The assult was reported in the western media, however nothing from the what actually happened in the assult, no media was allowed to enter, nor where any medical teams either during the combat, or after the combat finished.

Its really funny how you guys attack every channel or newspaper that mentions the truth, I mean I would understand it if Aljazeera said something like this and you said they where biased, but an Itlain TV and a British news paper, and still, your saying its propaganda, I am sure if Bush admitted the use of chemical wepons in Iraq, you guys would say that he fell in love with Saddam and had a secret affiar with him. hahahaha

Theregular said:

Emmm, chemical wepons.

The assult was reported in the western media, however nothing from the what actually happened in the assult, no media was allowed to enter, nor where any medical teams either during the combat, or after the combat finished.

Its really funny how you guys attack every channel or newspaper that mentions the truth, I mean I would understand it if Aljazeera said something like this and you said they where biased, but an Itlain TV and a British news paper, and still, your saying its propaganda, I am sure if Bush admitted the use of chemical wepons in Iraq, you guys would say that he fell in love with Saddam and had a secret affiar with him. hahahaha

Hot flash for ya there, stud. I know very well what White Phosphorous is and how it reacts. There is no way in hell that WP can get on you (enough to melt all your skin away) and your clothes remain intact.

If no one else was allowed in during or after the fighting, how are you so certain that these allegations are true? I suspect you personally will jump on any band wagon rolling through town that is engaged in Bush bashing.

CSM said:
Hot flash for ya there, stud. I know very well what White Phosphorous is and how it reacts. There is no way in hell that WP can get on you (enough to melt all your skin away) and your clothes remain intact.

If no one else was allowed in during or after the fighting, how are you so certain that these allegations are true? I suspect you personally will jump on any band wagon rolling through town that is engaged in Bush bashing.

More specifically, America Bashing.

Theregular said:

Emmm, chemical wepons.

really? no one was allowed to report it or enter during the combat? really? hmm. thats funny heres two words for you: kevin sites. now who is kevin sites? hes the moron reporter who was embeded with the marines who shot the tape of a marine taking out an insurgent he thought had a weapon inside a mosque. now that was just one reporter reporting on one incident with tape from the assualt. we all have seen the video from fallujah where it was street to street combat and it showed the marines doing their buiness. hell watch the history channel or at least search the news sites for video before posting.

Problems with this story that can be easily outed without any research whatsoever.

White Phosphorous - This is the only "chemical weapon" specifically named, meaning they don't really want to have to back up the claim that there were any others. White phosphorous is not illegal and, in fact, is stupid to use in most situations except with grenades. The stuff first started in Korea, where the rounds were so innacurate that they could only be used when shooting at large formations. Traditional lead was typically a better choice. They were later used as tracers in Vietnam, but they sucked at that, being far more innacurate than actual bullets and giving away the shooter's position. However, they were used in grenade form in Vietnam, but white Ph grenades don't have as large a kill zone as frag grenades, although they're good for illumination and defoliating. Same applies to artillery shells. The cloud thing is true, but it spreads slow enough for people to get away, making it's total radius far greater than it's effective kill zone. Currently, Ph is only used for illumination shells designed to give soldiers enough light to shoot by.

The U.S. press - The press was there for every bullet fired from our side in Fallujah. They're also looking for any excuse to convince us how bad the war is. If this stuff was true, it would have been blown out of proportion so much that it would make the Rathergate fiasco look like a simply misprint.

Civilian casualties - By the time the assault on Fallujah started, there were no civilians in the city. It was a free fire zone. To even imply that civilians were killed in the Fallujah attack is a deliberate fallacy.

Forum List

Back