Uploading the mind.

• Banned
"BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.
If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice."

So much for watching "movies" this morning. Still love ya!

Yes you're right. I meant it to hi-light the topic, not to play clips. Should have gone for another link, because it was so interesting. Much of the research on this project being carried out in three different locations in the United States.

I'm not in the UK either, so I can't watch them.

Yes you're right. I meant it to hi-light the topic, not to play clips. Should have gone for another link, because it was so interesting. Much of the research on this project being carried out in three different locations in the United States.

I thought you were...:confused:

• Banned

I thought you were...:confused:

You know what 'thought' did.

:eusa_naughty:

Couldn't watch the video so I may try a British proxy later. Could the mind uploaded go insane? With out external stimulation or senses I think its posable.

I wouldn't want to do this. It would be like being trapped in a locked room and never being able to get out :(

Suppose you had a fleet of AI software apps with IQs of 150 (and eventually 500 or 5,000) to help you manage life. You download them like other apps, and they spread out into your phones and computers—and walls, clothes, office, car, luggage—traveling within the dense computer network of the near future that is laid in by the yard, like thin cloth, everywhere.

Machines That Will Think and Feel

An absolutely fascinating subject. And one in which our present guesses will most certainly fall short of reality. When I was much younger, half a century ago, it was said there is no way to predict the future a hundred years from now. At present, that period has contracted to 30 years. Your AI apps will most likely be connected directly to our minds, and our individual IQ's will be unimaginable at present, to say nothing of our collective IQ.

Forum List

Back