BookShaka

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Realityville, USA
Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about.

Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise.

Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise.

Iā€™ll start.

The first one centers around the whole ā€œfake newsā€ issue. I donā€™t believe, for example, that CNN is fake news or MSNBC is fake news. Are they capable of publishing fake news? Absolutely, but I donā€™t believe itā€™s wise to shun an entire organization bc you may not like what they put out there. If you think the left is foolish to shun certain sources, you look just as foolish doing the same.

Also I think many right-wingersā€™ attitudes about marijuana and what America would be like if it became legal are pretty ignorant. Marijuana is no more dangerous than alcohol. In fact, research suggests itā€™s safer/better for you to consume MJ than alcohol.

We took a scientific look at whether weed or alcohol is worse for you ā€” and there appears to be a winner

The Great Debate: Alcohol vs Marijuana - DrugAbuse.com

I supported Obamaā€™s legalization of gay marriage.

Banning guns other than assault rifles

Tariffs and subsidies are bad policies

the death penalty.

"Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about."

I dont not believe in the "good white person" theory. Doesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..

"Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise."

Some "good white people" have voiced that racism is bad.

"Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about."

I dont not believe in the "good white person" theory. Doesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..

"Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise."

Wow. You directly contradicted yourself, basically saying all white people are racist but some ā€œgood white peopleā€ who you donā€™t believe in, have voiced that racism is bad. If theyā€™re all racist how can they denounce racism?

Wow. You directly contradicted yourself, basically saying all white people are racist but some ā€œgood white peopleā€ who you donā€™t believe in, have voiced that racism is bad. If theyā€™re all racist how can they denounce racism?
Show me where I said all white people are racist? Youre entire reply hinges on some retarded assumption you made. Wouldnt it have shown more intelligence for you to simply ask for a clarification instead?

Last edited:

If there were no good white people ever, you would be slopping hogs and mucking out horse stalls.

That's realism.

If there were no good white people ever, you would be slopping hogs and mucking out horse stalls.

That's realism.
No. I would be dead like Nat Turner. Thats real.

Impossibe paradox. If you disagree with someone on topix "X" --- then they don't share your worldview by definition.

Your second sentence presupposes the existence of "sides", which has to mean monoliths. That's a fictitious premise.

This is a very difficult challenge for me. Not because it causes me to challenge my own "worldview", or because it requires objective thought. I find it difficult because of the broad definitions implied. Let me explain:

On one hand there are literally hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of people who share the basics of my "word view", so finding something that is generally disagreeable is easy. However, no one shares the specifics of my "worldview", because everyone is different, and nuance shows differences in even the most closely related views. Therefore, I must assume that you mean a more broad definition of "worldview". With that in mind.... How broad do you envision the definition to be? One could define it broadly enough that nearly everyone in the U.S.A. is on the same "side". So, I assume that you do not mean it to be that broad. Is this "right" v. "left"? Conservative v. liberal?

To be honest, I side with liberals on a few things, and I side with conservatives on others. So, which "side" am I even on? I'm on the "side" of America. So, I guess that makes the "other side" those who oppose America. Therefore, I cannot really rise to this challenge for the simple fact that both "sides" are simply too diverse.

If you were to more clearly define what you meant, then I will attempt to rise to the challenge.

The Dixie Chicks are one of my least favorite musical acts, but I do have to commend the banjo and fiddle playing members for hanging onto the remaining member no matter how much trouble her big mouth may get them into.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. If only my late beautiful precious at the top of this picture had been shown that kind of loyalty by the other group members.

157006.jpg

The Dixie Chicks are one of my least favorite musical acts, but I do have to commend the banjo and fiddle playing members for hanging onto the remaining member no matter how much trouble her big mouth may get them into.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. If only my late beautiful precious at the top of this picture had been shown that kind of loyalty by the other group members.

157006.jpg

Natalie Maines didn't get anybody "into trouble". They expressed solidarity -- as a group -- with their European audience, immediately after that city and the rest of the world held the largest war protest demonstrations in human history, against the Iraq invasion. The only "trouble" generated out of that was from right-wing wacko music mobsters who punished them for exercising free speech. In Europe.

In other words --- fascists.

Last edited:
^^^ To me, it doesn't matter where the free speech takes place. At the end of the day if that girl didn't want the rest of us in the game, why did she take the time to show us all how it is played? What made her think that other pairs of pennies wouldn't follow after she threw her two cents down for the rest of the world to be aware of when everyone else's rights are no different compared to the rights that she possesses?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. When you really think about it, why is it called free speech in the first place when certain things can happen after the "free speech" is put out there?

Last edited:

This is a very difficult challenge for me. Not because it causes me to challenge my own "worldview", or because it requires objective thought. I find it difficult because of the broad definitions implied. Let me explain:

On one hand there are literally hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of people who share the basics of my "word view", so finding something that is generally disagreeable is easy. However, no one shares the specifics of my "worldview", because everyone is different, and nuance shows differences in even the most closely related views. Therefore, I must assume that you mean a more broad definition of "worldview". With that in mind.... How broad do you envision the definition to be? One could define it broadly enough that nearly everyone in the U.S.A. is on the same "side". So, I assume that you do not mean it to be that broad. Is this "right" v. "left"? Conservative v. liberal?

To be honest, I side with liberals on a few things, and I side with conservatives on others. So, which "side" am I even on? I'm on the "side" of America. So, I guess that makes the "other side" those who oppose America. Therefore, I cannot really rise to this challenge for the simple fact that both "sides" are simply too diverse.

If you were to more clearly define what you meant, then I will attempt to rise to the challenge.

Youā€™re thinking too hard on this. Iā€™m technically moderate but I do lean right, therefore I answered the question as a Republican, which works bc I vote Republican (though WOULD vote Democrat if they got someone in there that wasnā€™t so extreme).

I guess if youā€™re truly smack in the middle, this question isnā€™t for you.

Show me where I said all white people are racist? Youre entire reply hinges on some retarded assumption you made. Wouldnt it have shown more intelligence for you to simply ask for a clarification instead?

ā€œDoesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they (who are ā€œtheyā€?) support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..ā€

You donā€™t believe in the ā€œgood white peopleā€ theory but some good white people say racism in bad... right.

ā€œDoesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they (who are ā€œtheyā€?) support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..ā€

You donā€™t believe in the ā€œgood white peopleā€ theory but some good white people say racism in bad... right.
I think you confused yourself. Like I said if your reading comprehension has failed you then you might want to ask questions that resolve your conundrum instead of making idiotic assumptions.

Forum List

Back