Unions Stand in the Way of Creating Schools Students Deserve

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
College Republican National Committee - Unions Stand in the Way of Creating Schools Students Deserve - College Republican National Committee

Tell me again why public union teachers are in the job for the children because from the outside looking in , it sure doesn't seem that way... Unions have no place in the schools period. Chicago schools go 10 days less then every other school in the nation and in the elementary they go an hour shorter. So, lets get this straight. They get paid the most and work the less.. Sounds fair.. NOT

Americans have long discovered that one person has zilch power, it takes a group an organization, such as the NAM, the Chamber of Commerce, the AMA, the American Legion, the American Taxpayer's Association, PTA or any of the thousands of other organizations to have a voice in America.

Over the decades, incompetent teachers and administrators have been granted tenure- a job for life. It's extremely difficult to cull the massive payrolls that are bloated with ineffective uncaring educators. And that's the way they want it.

Those granted tenure are most often related to, or close friends of principals and superintendents. Or they are in the same social circles or go to the same church.

Don't tell me I'm wrong because I've discussed this with teachers both employed and retired, and everyone nods their heads in agreement.

Cronyism, favoritism, and nepotism. It's rampant and it's ruined our schools.

Unions. Pfft. Gimme a break.

NONSENSE. Lack of funding is what is damaging the public school systems. Your "libertarians"* don't even want PUBLIC schools.

*The term LIBERTARIAN has been hijacked by extremist right wing, selfish, self centered yellow bellies. The word used to stand for liberty in ALL aspects of life, no more.

What is ruining our schools is also ruining our society.

Family breakups, poverty, lack of value concerning education, low morals, texting, cell phones, video games, the list goes on. It is easier to blame "them lazy tenured teachers" than it is to correct what is really wrong.

Why worry about an education when you are 12 years old and have the social world at your fingertips (texting)...

Forum List

Back