Education and AFRICAN-AMERICAN Success Story

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
This is an all black inner city Charter school! Opened in '06 with only 4% at grade level reading ability, yet for the third year in a row 100% of the students graduated and 100% got accepted to and plan to attend COLLEGED!!!

Yet let those public school teachers with their 57% graduation rate tell you they deserve a raise and measuring a teacher's performance by how their students perform is unfair!

Chicago Charter School Boasts 100 Percent Graduation Rate for Third Consecutive Year | The Afro-American Newspapers | Your Community. Your History. Your News.

For the third consecutive year, Chicago’s Urban Prep Charter Academy for Young Men saw every single member of the senior class at its’ Englewood campus graduate with acceptance letters to a four-year college or university.

The accomplishment is no small victory for the original location of the charter school, which opened in 2006 with only four percent of its student body reading at grade level.

The school now operates three different sites, each with an all African-American student body, and each on a mission to prove young Black males can succeed despite their inner city surroundings.

Well, that is a great news story, and I'm pleased to hear it.

I'm not sure this means taechers should be paid based on students grades. A bonus system, maybe.

I'm not sure this means taechers should be paid based on students grades. A bonus system, maybe.

Why not? The best mark for success of a teacher is what your students do! See public schools hate to do it that way because they alway look like the mentally challenged midget when compared to the Charter school!

Charter Schools are superior in every way and the results are proof in the pudding.

Take this school. It's inner inner city. The kids going to it are dirt poor and black. When entiring the school only 4% had GRADE SCHOOL READING ability, YET that school was able to have 100% of it's pupils graduate and 100% get accepted to college THREE YEARS in a row! The public school down the street had a 33% GRADUATION RATE and maybe a 5% going to college rate!

Here is what Chicago should do:
(1) Have a 5 YEAR phase out of all the public schools and replace them with Charter schools - Problems it Solves: The collective bargaining bullshit, school choice, the pensions that BREAK the school budget, TENURE, the COMMUNIST style CTU etc.

(2) Have some overnight charter schools that work like boot camp boarding schools for at risk and behavioral problem kids.

(3) Have a high focus on math, science, economics and business.

(4) With the money you save from highway robbery pension plans and from full benefit healthcare plans, but that into reducing the size of the classroom, TA, after school programs and teaching tools. You know, all the stuff Scott Walker did when he took on and defeated the Bolshevick teacher's unions.

The "Why not" is because the potential of students is not uniform. Therefore, basing salaries upon that potential would not be fair.

This school is a success - but that doesn't mean charter schools always work.

"Charter Schools are superior in every way and the results are proof in the pudding"

Only if you ignore the statistics.

You need a job in an inner city school to show us how it's done.

Last edited:

Why not? The best mark for success of a teacher is what your students do! See public schools hate to do it that way because they alway look like the mentally challenged midget when compared to the Charter school!

Charter Schools are superior in every way and the results are proof in the pudding.

Take this school. It's inner inner city. The kids going to it are dirt poor and black. When entiring the school only 4% had GRADE SCHOOL READING ability, YET that school was able to have 100% of it's pupils graduate and 100% get accepted to college THREE YEARS in a row! The public school down the street had a 33% GRADUATION RATE and maybe a 5% going to college rate!

Here is what Chicago should do:
(1) Have a 5 YEAR phase out of all the public schools and replace them with Charter schools - Problems it Solves: The collective bargaining bullshit, school choice, the pensions that BREAK the school budget, TENURE, the COMMUNIST style CTU etc.

(2) Have some overnight charter schools that work like boot camp boarding schools for at risk and behavioral problem kids.

(3) Have a high focus on math, science, economics and business.

(4) With the money you save from highway robbery pension plans and from full benefit healthcare plans, but that into reducing the size of the classroom, TA, after school programs and teaching tools. You know, all the stuff Scott Walker did when he took on and defeated the Bolshevick teacher's unions.

Yeah, getting rid of benefits like health care will really draw in top-knotch people.

Your version of a school is one staffed by Kelly Girls....good luck with that.

How about a high school designed for white males? I understand, what's good for the worthless animal isn't good for people.

What do you want to bet their SAT scores are, in spite of eight hours of education six days per week and no afro b*tches? Also, the first graduation class was 30% smaller than when in the freshmen year.

Urban Prep Valedictorian:
careerbuilder_chimp.jpg

I could create a CHARTER SCHOOL where every graduating student got into the IVY LEAGUE.

It's easy.

ONLY accept the very best students in the first place.

duh!

How about a high school designed for white males? I understand, what's good for the worthless animal isn't good for people.

What do you want to bet their SAT scores are, in spite of eight hours of education six days per week and no afro b*tches? Also, the first graduation class was 30% smaller than when in the freshmen year.

careerbuilder_chimp.jpg

In a very ignorant way you have a point. This is an all black charter school, meaning white, hispanic or asian need not apply. An all white school would be picketed, vandalized, marched against, be in the national spotline, labeled as racist and shut down. Yet all black or hispanic are praised! :eusa_shifty:

But I digress and so should you. This is about Charter vs Public!

I could create a CHARTER SCHOOL where every graduating student got into the IVY LEAGUE.

It's easy.

duh!

I guess you missed this small nugget, yet keep displaying your ignorance. When 96% of the student body enters the school at grade level reading ability your not picking the best of the best. In case you didn't know grade level is lower than highschool level. They didn't pick the best of the best. I do believe they probably selected the kids who had the biggest desire to learn and least behavior problems, but when 96% can't read at even grade level, then your assumption is INCORRECT!!!

The accomplishment is no small victory for the original location of the charter school, which opened in 2006 with only four percent of its student body reading at grade level.

careerbuilder_chimp.jpg

You really are a disgusting piece of pig shit.

careerbuilder_chimp.jpg

You really are a disgusting piece of pig shit.

Yes he is! People like him miss the beauty of this story. You take an inner city school of all disadvantaged black students. These are kids entering HIGHSCHOOL without even a grammer school reading level ability. YET they leave school with 100% graduate rate and 100% college acceptance rate!

The morale of this success story is it's not the color of the student, rather it's the broken public school systems! I say blow it up, start over, cut out the crap (pensions, non-employee participation healthcare and tenure) and fix it!

It's easy.

duh!

Going from 4% to 100% is an accomplishment far beyond only accepting the very best students. Just imagine the environment these children live in, their poor, uneducated parents & the stigma they over came. It is teaching far beyond the motivation of any lazy tit sucking public sector teachers union.

Last edited:
WSJ: We've Become a Nation of Takers, Not Makers
Today in America there are nearly twice as many people working for the government (22.5 million) than in all of manufacturing (11.5 million). This is an almost exact reversal of the situation in 1960, when there were 15 million workers in manufacturing and 8.7 million collecting a paycheck from the government.

It gets worse. More Americans work for the government than work in construction, farming, fishing, forestry, manufacturing, mining and utilities combined. We have moved decisively from a nation of makers to a nation of takers. Nearly half of the $2.2 trillion cost of state and local governments is the $1 trillion-a-year tab for pay and benefits of state and local employees. Is it any wonder that so many states and cities cannot pay their bills?...

Don't expect a reversal of this trend anytime soon. "Surveys of college graduates are finding that more and more of our top minds want to work for the government"...

The employment trends described here are explained in part by hugely beneficial productivity improvements in such traditional industries as farming, manufacturing, financial services and telecommunications. These produce far more output per worker than in the past. The typical farmer, for example, is today at least three times more productive than in 1950.

Where are the productivity gains in government? Consider a core function of state and local governments: schools. Over the period 1970-2005, school spending per pupil, adjusted for inflation, doubled, while standardized achievement test scores were flat. Over roughly that same time period, public-school employment doubled per student, according to a study by researchers at the University of Washington. That is what economists call negative productivity.

But education is an industry where we measure performance backwards: We gauge school performance not by outputs, but by inputs. If quality falls, we say we didn't pay teachers enough or we need smaller class sizes or newer schools. If education had undergone the same productivity revolution that manufacturing has, we would have half as many educators, smaller school budgets, and higher graduation rates and test scores.

The same is true of almost all other government services. Mass transit spends more and more every year and yet a much smaller share of Americans use trains and buses today than in past decades. One way that private companies spur productivity is by firing underperforming employees and rewarding excellence. In government employment, tenure for teachers and near lifetime employment for other civil servants shields workers from this basic system of reward and punishment. It is a system that breeds mediocrity, which is what we've gotten.

Most reasonable steps to restrain public-sector employment costs are smothered by the unions. Study after study has shown that states and cities could shave 20% to 40% off the cost of many services—fire fighting, public transportation, garbage collection, administrative functions, even prison operations—through competitive contracting to private providers. But unions have blocked many of those efforts. Public employees maintain that they are underpaid relative to equally qualified private-sector workers, yet they are deathly afraid of competitive bidding for government services.

Canada's (the principal) Harlem schools are based on similar principles. well behaved kids with supportive parents can do a lot when motivated teachers and extended hours are involved. unfortunately you cant scale up the model because there are only so many available enthusuastic teachers and students, and even fewer leaders like Canada.

It's easy.

duh!

Shithead, no voucher or charter school is allowed to select students based on good quality of student. And, religious private schools not only don't discriminate against stupid students, but they tend to be dumping ground for students failing in the public schools.

These worthless Afro animals at Urban Prep were among the lower performing even among the Afro animal population of Chicago, when the entered Urban Prep.

It's easy.

duh!

Shithead, no voucher or charter school is allowed to select students based on good quality of student. And, religious private schools not only don't discriminate against stupid students, but they tend to be dumping ground for students failing in the public schools.

These worthless Afro animals at Urban Prep were among the lower performing even among the Afro animal population of Chicago, when the entered Urban Prep.

I don't know what planet you're from, but they evidently have no education system if you believe this.

Private schools first and foremost recruit for their sports programs. Secondly, many have apptitude tests kids must take to enroll.

You have the situation right, just the wrong people on each end. Kids kicked out of private schools for bad behavior are suddenly found in the offices of public schools filling out enrollment papers. Public schools have to take anything that shows up. Private schools don't.

It's easy.

duh!

I don't know what planet you're from, but they evidently have no education system if you believe this.

Private schools first and foremost recruit for their sports programs. Secondly, many have apptitude tests kids must take to enroll.

You have the situation right, just the wrong people on each end. Kids kicked out of private schools for bad behavior are suddenly found in the offices of public schools filling out enrollment papers. Public schools have to take anything that shows up. Private schools don't.

Most Private Schools view the bottom line on student enrollment. Special needs and behavioral problems get sent to public schools unless the 'private' schools can get 'public' monies.

It's a shell game

Forum List

Back