UN urges world to defend women

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I think we would all agree that the right thing to do is to protect women and minorities in the Middle East. We saw what ISIS did to the Yazidi women.

UN urges world to defend women
Sep 09, 2014 - Stephanie Nebehay |
|
The new UN Human rights chief called on Monday for the world to protect women and minorities targeted by Islamic State militants, formerly known as ISIS, in Iraq and Syria which he said were “increasingly conjoined conflicts”.

Zeid Ra’ad al Hussein, Jordan’s former UN ambassador, in a hard-hitting maiden speech to the UN Human Rights Council, said any country run by ISIS “would be a harsh, mean-spirited, house of blood”.

The Geneva-based Council last week agreed to send a team to investigate crimes committed by the group on “an unimaginable scale”.

“In particular, dedicated efforts are urgently needed to protect religious and ethnic groups, children who are at risk of forcible recruitment and sexual violence and women, who have been the targets of severe restrictions,” Mr Zeid told the forum.

Continue reading at:

UN urges world to defend women The Asian Age?

I see no sense in that measure. Why should Western blood be spilled to save women who will give birth to future Islamic fighters who hate the West.

It's the job of Islamic men, Arabic men, and there are millions upon millions of such in the Middle East to man-up and go and save their female co-religionists.

I see no sense in that measure. Why should Western blood be spilled to save women who will give birth to future Islamic fighters who hate the West.

It's the job of Islamic men, Arabic men, and there are millions upon millions of such in the Middle East to man-up and go and save their female co-religionists.

I can see what you mean, but there are people like th Yazidis who weren't harming anyon and just minding their own business and look what happened to them, especially the women. Let's give the Kurds enough equipment and see what they can do. They are supposed to be fierce fighters. I honestly don't think you will see many Arab countries pitching in to help that much.

Forum List

Back