UN Gun Treaty to Rip U.S. Constitution

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Obama and gang are pushing a UN Treaty on gun control...this would subject our 2nd Amendment to a UN treaty and global control....

1-15-13

A Republican state senator in Virginia has proposed a resolution opposing a United Nations arms trade treaty that has not been finalized yet.

State Sen. Steve Martin (R-Chesterfield) has introduced a resolution indicating that the state Legislature opposes the U.N. treaty regulating the global trading of firearms because it would harm the ability of U.S. citizens to own guns. The U.N. is scheduled to complete the treaty during a meeting in March. Martin's resolution calls on President Barack Obama to not sign the treaty and the U.S. Senate not to ratify it if Obama does sign it. Obama is expected to sign the treaty once the language is finalized by a U.N. committee.

I think it is very dangerous," Martin said of the proposal. "If we were to do it, it would be a straight-up violation of our Second Amendment rights. That is an important amendment in our Constitution. It is essential to all others."

The U.N. treaty, which was on hold for much of 2012, would regulate the international arms trade, including restrictions on the U.S. exports of guns. The National Rifle Association has been a vocal opponent of the proposal, saying that it would regulate private gun ownership in the United States. The U.N. voted to resume talks in March, days after the Newtown, Conn., school shooting which left 26 dead.

Steve Martin, Virginia Senator, Proposes Resolution Opposing U.N. Arms Treaty

How does a treaty regulating the international arms trade effect US citizens constutional rights? I understand why the arms manunfacturing industry (NRA) doesn't like it, but that doesn't mean we have to believe their obvious lies does it?

Maybe someone can answer a question for me.

Is there ANYTHING (anything at all) that conservatives aren't afraid of to such a degree that, in the course of the expression of their fears, a conspiracy theory doesn't emerge in the process?

Is there anything, anything at all that a hack won't use to disparage the opposing side to score cheap political points.........

Wait, it's already been answered......... :thup:

Is there ANYTHING (anything at all) that conservatives aren't afraid of to such a degree that, in the course of the expression of their fears, a conspiracy theory doesn't emerge in the process?

Is there anything, anything at all that a hack won't use to disparage the opposing side to score cheap political points.........

Another conspiracy?

Another conspiracy?

Some might think so........ They'd be mistaken...... :cool:

Obama and gang are pushing a UN Treaty on gun control...this would subject our 2nd Amendment to a UN treaty and global control....

1-15-13

A Republican state senator in Virginia has proposed a resolution opposing a United Nations arms trade treaty that has not been finalized yet.

State Sen. Steve Martin (R-Chesterfield) has introduced a resolution indicating that the state Legislature opposes the U.N. treaty regulating the global trading of firearms because it would harm the ability of U.S. citizens to own guns. The U.N. is scheduled to complete the treaty during a meeting in March. Martin's resolution calls on President Barack Obama to not sign the treaty and the U.S. Senate not to ratify it if Obama does sign it. Obama is expected to sign the treaty once the language is finalized by a U.N. committee.

I think it is very dangerous," Martin said of the proposal. "If we were to do it, it would be a straight-up violation of our Second Amendment rights. That is an important amendment in our Constitution. It is essential to all others."

The U.N. treaty, which was on hold for much of 2012, would regulate the international arms trade, including restrictions on the U.S. exports of guns. The National Rifle Association has been a vocal opponent of the proposal, saying that it would regulate private gun ownership in the United States. The U.N. voted to resume talks in March, days after the Newtown, Conn., school shooting which left 26 dead.

Uh, we already did this, like...six months ago. We even had one of the more special breeds of idiot poster here claim he had read this gun grabbing treaty that had not been written yet. :lol:

The lunatic fringe is getting lazier by the day. Now, instead of making shit up about existing legislation which they are confident their rubes won't bother to fact check, they are now making shit up about things which have not even been written!!!

This is how small an opinion they have of you.

This is some piss that is laced with some of the heavier grades of hallucinogens. Consume with caution, my friend.

Last edited:
So now a Republican state senator can be added to the ever-growing list of dangerously stupid politicians who don't belong in a position of power over our lives.

What's scary is that this is such an outdated debunked meme, there is plenty of information out there to tell you this is a bullshit meme. And yet he is crafting actual legislation against it...today!

HOLY SHIT!!!!

This is dumb beyond dumb beyond dumb. This is...dumb cubed.

Martin is seeking the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor this year, but said his statewide ambitions did not impact his desire to introduce the resolution. "I do not do things for political reasons," he said.

If I allowed myself to laugh at that the way I want to laugh at that, my lungs would rupture.

Last edited:
So now a Republican state senator can be added to the ever-growing list of dangerously stupid politicians who don't belong in a position of power over our lives.

What? There's only two from each party left that aren't? :eek:

1-15-13

They can push all they want. the great state of Texas will not comply.

1-15-13

You will not comply, how? By making sure you purchase guns for foreign manufacturers instead of american made?

Do you even know what you're not complying with?

You will not comply, how? By making sure you purchase guns for foreign manufacturers instead of american made?

Do you even know what you're not complying with?

Of course not. But if some state senator somewhere with the right letter after his name is against it, it must be bad! That's axiomatic!

I just can't understand why so many Americans are in such a rush to turn our nations sovereignty over to the UN ?? :cool:

The rabid right pushes that false narrative against it's percieved enemy, the left, or anyone to the left of William F. Buckley Jr.

Forum List

Back