Ultimately, what drew Trump voters to show up en masse...

Why don't you go ahead a attach the link to the Rep think tank which wrote Obamacare?

I really don't want the thread to go that route (arguing about the ACA)....but here's an excerpt from an Obama speech......

It’s because the Affordable Care Act pretty much was their plan before I adopted it — based on conservative, market-based principles developed by the Heritage Foundation and supported by Republicans in Congress, and deployed by a guy named Mitt Romney in Massachusetts to great effect. If they want to take credit for this law, they can. I’m happy to share it.

Obama Drops The Hammer On Republicans By Reminding Them Obamacare Was Their Idea
Obamacare was not a conservative idea, it was designed by some fucked up Mormon out of Massachusetts that made Obamacare model. It is a fucked up idea, anyone that thinks everyone should be in favor of it is a fucked up piece of shit. Lol

Take your nanny state and shove it up your ass

I guess having a candidate with a vagina wasn't as important as you thought.

WOW....that could then open up the speculation that you've been voting for men because you liked their penises.

I'm not the one who played up the woman card, that would have been you regressives. You thought women would flock to elect the first woman president, a few did, but not near as many as you projected. I said I wouldn't mind a woman president, just not THAT woman, it seems a huge number of people, including women agreed with me.

Why don't you go ahead a attach the link to the Rep think tank which wrote Obamacare?

I really don't want the thread to go that route (arguing about the ACA)....but here's an excerpt from an Obama speech......

It’s because the Affordable Care Act pretty much was their plan before I adopted it — based on conservative, market-based principles developed by the Heritage Foundation and supported by Republicans in Congress, and deployed by a guy named Mitt Romney in Massachusetts to great effect. If they want to take credit for this law, they can. I’m happy to share it.

Obama Drops The Hammer On Republicans By Reminding Them Obamacare Was Their Idea

If you don't want the thread to go that way, don't throw the bait. And Obama saying it was a GOP plan doesn't make it so. Did the Heritage Foundation also tell him to say if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?

Trump won because he was the only candidate that listened to the older blue collar worker that never went to college. The ones that saw their jobs go to mexico with NAFTA. The ones that believe that Illegal immigrants are taking their jobs now. The ones that now have awful health insurance either through the exchanges or because their company forced them into a hdhp which is hurting them. Clinton did not help herself when she said Nafta was good. For years both parties have ignored these people and now when someone actually listened to what they were saying they voted for him.
Did things like Newsweek releasing the magazine cover too early or Fox news saying the day before election day that Trump can't win keep some Clinton voters home and drive Trump voters to the polls?

This question now is what will be learned from this.

That demagoguery DOES work.

Obviously it doesn't, Nat because that's pretty much what Hillary ran on! Here in Florida all we saw from the Clinton camp were ads attacking Trump as being "dangerous". That was her plan and it didn't resonate with the electorate. They voted for Trump because they didn't buy Clinton's demagoguery.

She was a flawed candidate. their were many democrats that could have won. I even think Sanders would have won.

I'm including myself in this forum (and other venues) as one who derided and condescended Trump acolytes and right wingers in general.

Many of us called these folks, old, white, southern red-necked types, uneducated, narrow-minded, racists, xenophobic, misogynists, regressive.....and downright stupid American voters who claimed that they only lost in the past because us.....democrats....cheat at the polls by having illegals and corpses vote along with us.

These labels and derisive name-calling obviously angered these folks, and they made damn sure to come out and vote by the millions for someone like Trump whom many of them (not all, obviously) hated LESS than they hated Hillary Clinton.

Comey's letter certainly had its debilitating (and expected) impact on Clinton, but the thinly-veiled allegation by Comey is far from the main factor why many just did not vote for her (just heard a report that in some Wisconsin county, 45,000 people skipped the presidential slots, and Trump won by a mere 27,000 votes.)

Yes, for us democrats....as Pogo famously stated......we met the enemy and it was indeed us. Clinton had too much baggage on her shoulders AND, our labeling right wingers uneducated hicks has made us pay the heavy price.
Well, he won because he got former union dems to vote for him.

I'm including myself in this forum (and other venues) as one who derided and condescended Trump acolytes and right wingers in general.

Many of us called these folks, old, white, southern red-necked types, uneducated, narrow-minded, racists, xenophobic, misogynists, regressive.....and downright stupid American voters who claimed that they only lost in the past because us.....democrats....cheat at the polls by having illegals and corpses vote along with us.

These labels and derisive name-calling obviously angered these folks, and they made damn sure to come out and vote by the millions for someone like Trump whom many of them (not all, obviously) hated LESS than they hated Hillary Clinton.

Comey's letter certainly had its debilitating (and expected) impact on Clinton, but the thinly-veiled allegation by Comey is far from the main factor why many just did not vote for her (just heard a report that in some Wisconsin county, 45,000 people skipped the presidential slots, and Trump won by a mere 27,000 votes.)

Yes, for us democrats....as Pogo famously stated......we met the enemy and it was indeed us. Clinton had too much baggage on her shoulders AND, our labeling right wingers uneducated hicks has made us pay the heavy price.

And more blacks and hispanics voted for Trump than they did for Romney asswipe...

These labels and derision name-calling obviously angered these folks, and they made damn sure to come out and vote by the millions for someone like Trump whom many of them (not all, obviously) hated LESS than they hated Hillary Clinton.

Clinton lost the "Blue Wall" in the Rust Belt, Nat...that's what cost her the election! Blue collar, union people in places like Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio who normally vote Democratic turned their backs on Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. They no longer bought the narrative that the Democrats were "their" party!

Yup and they all got the message Trump was putting out. The message that the pollsters, the Dem party, the media and Hillary all missed.

But you had no choice.

Your entire philosophy is based on the notion that there is no legitimate reason to disagree with your agenda.

Thus, be definition anyone that disagrees is doing so for illegitimate reasons, such as being "racist".

YOu liberals CAN'T give that up because then you would be admitting that there might be valid reasons to disagree

which leads to you having to make the case for your policies based on their merits, something you can't do.

And don't dare do, because your lock on the minority vote is based on the belief system that the GOP is literally out to get them.

YOu can't afford to lose half the pro-life blacks, or middle class blacks.

YOur op is right on. I can tell you what the dnc response will be, if you would like.

Obviously it doesn't, Nat because that's pretty much what Hillary ran on! Here in Florida all we saw from the Clinton camp were ads attacking Trump as being "dangerous". That was her plan and it didn't resonate with the electorate. They voted for Trump because they didn't buy Clinton's demagoguery.

I believe, actually, that demagoguery is NOT throwing slurs (justified or not) against an opponent....which Clinton did by calling Trump "dangerous".....Rather, demagoguery is telling folks what they want to hear and making promises that cannot be kept.....as Trump has done.

And more blacks and hispanics voted for Trump than they did for Romney asswipe...

.....well, THAT was a pretty low bar that Romney had set, don't you think?? LOL

Not to mention the fact that when the Dems had all three branches they passed that very harmful Health Care bill against the majority of the people with only their party voting for it.

Are you referring to the ACA mostly written by a republican think tank and one that Trump is now claiming to adopt for the most part?

Damn you make up a lot of crap. You think the 20,000 pages of Obamacare was "mostly written" by the Heritage Foundation? What a yutz.

And what difference does it make that they supported a mandate and pools? Who gives a fuck what one conservative group once proposed that never went anywhere and didn't even come up for a vote in Congress because most Republicans opposed it?

And what difference does it make that they supported a mandate and pools? Who gives a fuck what one conservative group once proposed that never went anywhere and didn't even come up for a vote in Congress because most Republicans opposed it?

It certainly was and is being implemented in Mass. under Romney's governorship.

THAT might be the most accurate, most astute, truthful thing you ever said, and I could not agree more. People were tired of being attacked, berated, name-called, etc...and, as you said, they came out en masse to make Hillary / Liberals pay.

Thanks for the post.

Forum List

Back