U.S. to Reinstate Some Sacked Iraq Officials

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NewGuy, Apr 23, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.maconareaonline.com/news.asp?id=6630

More in the article than what is here:

2. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    From what I understand, alot of the records were destroyed making it hard to tell who was who in the Baath Party. But it would be nice to see some of these guys get there jobs back, I suppose. The more control Iraqis are given over their own destiny, the more support the US will get. That other article you posted about the power of al Sadr(sp?) is extremely disheartening, though. He and his followers do not seem to be intimidated in the slightest by our military might.

Which has to lead one to think, what do we need to accomplish to stop these crazy son's of bitches from blowing up both Iraqis and foreigners?

In order to turn over the government to the Iraqis on June 30th, there has to be a certain degree of civil order over there. And we are far from it I fear.

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The two undeniable facts I have been stating will come to the forefront in June.

1. This is a religious war from THEIR perspective

2. This is something the EU is going to take over BECAUSE they side with islam as their foreign policy dictates, and they hate the US as their documents claim to aim to counter and surpass our dominance across the board.

Given these 2, you will see the EU chew us up completely and this will be the big bite that starts the process.

4. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    1. No shit, tell me something I don't know :p:

2. Don't know what you are talking about. That doen't make any sense. IMO

5. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    1. Yes, for sure.
    2. I don't with agree with that at all. They may indeed be looking out for their own interest, but just because they do not support the war in iraq, does not mean they are anti-american. In fact many EU countries including France and Germany are in Afghanistan.

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You of all people should know not to claim something as undeniable fact without a shred of evidence.

Europe hates the US... that's just dumb.
    Tony Blair for example, PM of an EU country, has his nose so far up Bushes ass it's amazing Blair can breath.

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I Just GAVE you the evidence. Their own documentation. Do you need the EU website?

And BTW....Blair is handing power over to the EU. That, I guess has been missed in your info gathering.

8. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I Just GAVE you the evidence.--no you did not.
    Do you need the EU website?-- I can figure it out, and yes, I'll take a look.
    And BTW....Blair is handing power over to the EU.--didn't know that, still doesn't effect what I said, however. But it is interesting, and worth my reading up on.

9. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I don't see how this equates to the EU unequivicably hating the US. That's a strong, blanket assertment that I don't think can hold its own weight. The EU supports the US on somethings and doesn't on others. Does that mean they're all anti-american? While in the last 4 years, there certainly has been a trend towards anti-americansim due to the shift in US foreign policy, Europe is not the enemy of the United States.

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That last statement is uninformed.

When you have the EU documentation claiming they want military equal to or surpassing the US, that makes them suspect.

When they want a currency surpassing the US, that makes them suspect.

When they want a system of politics that allign all other nations of the world with them, that makes them suspect.

And then they flex by threatening sanctions in steel and other industries AGAINST the US.

Who is the big boy?

Have you read their documentation? Have you watched their development over the last 2 years?

Have you looked at who is in the UN and which body they are from? How do they side with the US? -Or do they generally disagree?

Re-examine the data. There is no 1 document you can drag up with a nice 3 minute press statement. There ARE however, infinite press releases and EU documentation stating developments and intent.