U.S. Republican senators ask Treasury for any reports on Hunter Biden

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The START of the Senate getting ready to take apart the Biden EXTORTION, and little Hunter with Plugs!....Got to love it that the Repubs found some balls!

------------

The Republican chairmen of two U.S. Senate committees have asked the Treasury Department, in a letter, for possible reports of money laundering or fraud on the business dealings of former Vice President Joe Biden’s son with a Ukraine energy firm.

The letter, seen by Reuters on Friday, seeks “suspicious activity reports,” or documents that financial institutions file with the department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network when a case of money laundering or fraud is suspected.

It was unclear if any such reports exist regarding Hunter Biden, the former vice president's son. There letter gave no evidence that Hunter Biden engaged in suspicious activity that would have been covered by such reports.

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

The Republicans need to be careful that do not engage in the same sort of "witch hunt" as what the Democrats have been doing.

Reviewing the documents and doing a legitimate investigation is more than the democrats did to Trump.
Barr, Huber, Durham, and Horowitz should have more than a few indictments.

Yet the Treasury refuse to provide by law, the President's tax returns while Republicans are requesting this political crap?

Just typical.... whatever Repubs claim Democrats are doing, is simply their cover, for what they actually do...

The START of the Senate getting ready to take apart the Biden EXTORTION, and little Hunter with Plugs!....Got to love it that the Repubs found some balls!

------------

The Republican chairmen of two U.S. Senate committees have asked the Treasury Department, in a letter, for possible reports of money laundering or fraud on the business dealings of former Vice President Joe Biden’s son with a Ukraine energy firm.

The letter, seen by Reuters on Friday, seeks “suspicious activity reports,” or documents that financial institutions file with the department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network when a case of money laundering or fraud is suspected.

It was unclear if any such reports exist regarding Hunter Biden, the former vice president's son. There letter gave no evidence that Hunter Biden engaged in suspicious activity that would have been covered by such reports.

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...
Republicans wasting people's time with poorly thought out nonsense is not news

Yet the Treasury refuse to provide by law, the President's tax returns while Republicans are requesting this political crap?

Just typical.... whatever Repubs claim Democrats are doing, is simply their cover, for what they actually do...
I don't think there's anything to get that upset about. It should lay the matter to rest. Let 'em get the information.

Yeah right. There is a prima facile video evidence of bribery and corruption by joe Biden and the democrats. But democrats are above the law and republicans deserve the full force of the entire us govt. brought against them. These facts are so obvious, and will become even more so as the it report comes out. Will there ever be a Democrat that says democrats are not above the law? Nah never.

I don't think there's anything to get that upset about. It should lay the matter to rest. Let 'em get the information.
Oh, I agree...

The part that bothers me is why are THEY doing it instead of the DOJ, with the private citizen's rights being covered? I would hate it, as a private citizen, having congress going through my personal crap for no predicated reason without law enforcement predicated requirements in Hunter' s case, but going after Joe is okay, without a reason is fine....

Wish we could do the same with president Trump`s past doings!!! :D

So what is to stop congress going after Donny Junior's records and having treasury turn them over?

He's just the presidents son, with lots of opportunity for him to use th President's position as leverage?

THIS ALL IS ONE SLIPPERY SLOPE

That makes us more like the Soviet Union or rather, Russia, where gvt is used against political rivals with fabricated crimes and no evidence to support, and the political foe left with no constitutional rights to protect them, from this kind of despotic gvt! :eek:

Naw, libs are just trying to cover up their ukrainian corrupt deals during obama and biden. Thats why we're seeing a constant lib carnival ie russian collusion alice in wonderland adventures, russian boogeymen are everywhere, impeachment circuses....all of which have failed because there was no evidence. What will libs undertake next on their seething white hot rage and emotion hate fest adventure.

Oh, I agree...

The part that bothers me is why are THEY doing it instead of the DOJ, with the private citizen's rights being covered? I would hate it, as a private citizen, having congress going through my personal crap for no predicated reason without law enforcement predicated requirements in Hunter' s case, but going after Joe is okay, without a reason is fine....

I'm not sure the Treasury Department will give them the information. But if they do, it will shut the Repubs up, I think, and that--as Martha Stewart says--is a GOOD THING.

I read one of the articles arguing that Hunter Biden was involved in taking a whole bunch of illegal millions and putting them offshore into accounts that .... I guess "laundered" the funds. That's WAY above my pay grade, don't understand that stuff at all. However, I don't believe it until someone with the documents and the objectivity to analyze them SAYS that Hunter Biden indeed did this. He wouldn't be the first guy to take advantage; being a Democrat's son doesn't make him immune from being corrupt. I just think there is such a lot of crazy, already debunked mythology floating around that it's hard to take seriously until the Republicans give me some evidence.
Over the past two weeks, the Democrats have proven what they say Trump and Co. did. When the Republicans give me the same level of evidence that Hunter Biden was corrupt, I'll accept it. That said, IT DOESN'T NEGATE WHAT TRUMP DID, even if Biden is guilty.

No one, not one single person, has agreed with the President's decision to withhold that military aid. We all heard him ask for the specific favors he wanted. Tass is now very helpfully sending out its news coverage that Hunter is behind a 16.4 million dollar ... something....through the corrupt Burisma.

Burisma's owner fled to Moscow in 2014; the people of Ukraine wanted his head for his corrupt dealings. Burisma appointed a new board and Hunter Biden was one of the attorneys informing the company of the US perspective. Hunter Biden was part of the "new guard" to clean up Burisma's act. The investigations that Shokin and predecessor were undertaking were from 2012 and before. So Hunter had nothing to do with it. Yes, Hunter got paid a lot. So do a lot of guys at the high levels of private businesses. The amount he got paid changes with every thread I read. It doesn't really matter, though. When we find out that Hunter did with that money what people accuse him of, fine. Until then, maybe the Republicans are sounding pretty sick with this stuff, since there has been no evidence of it.

Oh, I agree...

I'm not sure the Treasury Department will give them the information. But if they do, it will shut the Repubs up, I think, and that--as Martha Stewart says--is a GOOD THING.

I read one of the articles arguing that Hunter Biden was involved in taking a whole bunch of illegal millions and putting them offshore into accounts that .... I guess "laundered" the funds. That's WAY above my pay grade, don't understand that stuff at all. However, I don't believe it until someone with the documents and the objectivity to analyze them SAYS that Hunter Biden indeed did this. He wouldn't be the first guy to take advantage; being a Democrat's son doesn't make him immune from being corrupt. I just think there is such a lot of crazy, already debunked mythology floating around that it's hard to take seriously until the Republicans give me some evidence.
Over the past two weeks, the Democrats have proven what they say Trump and Co. did. When the Republicans give me the same level of evidence that Hunter Biden was corrupt, I'll accept it. That said, IT DOESN'T NEGATE WHAT TRUMP DID, even if Biden is guilty.

No one, not one single person, has agreed with the President's decision to withhold that military aid. We all heard him ask for the specific favors he wanted. Tass is now very helpfully sending out its news coverage that Hunter is behind a 16.4 million dollar ... something....through the corrupt Burisma.

Burisma's owner fled to Moscow in 2014; the people of Ukraine wanted his head for his corrupt dealings. Burisma appointed a new board and Hunter Biden was one of the attorneys informing the company of the US perspective. Hunter Biden was part of the "new guard" to clean up Burisma's act. The investigations that Shokin and predecessor were undertaking were from 2012 and before. So Hunter had nothing to do with it. Yes, Hunter got paid a lot. So do a lot of guys at the high levels of private businesses. The amount he got paid changes with every thread I read. It doesn't really matter, though. When we find out that Hunter did with that money what people accuse him of, fine. Until then, maybe the Republicans are sounding pretty sick with this stuff, since there has been no evidence of it.
If something was done illegally by Hunter,

It is the DOJ who does the investigating with their foreign corruption unit, NOT by the President and his political henchmen....or a foreign gvt.

Trump just asking a foreign gvt, let alone one trump accuses of being corrupt... to criminally investigate an AMERICAN citizen....Is illegal.

He broke his oath of office to faithfully execute our laws. Our law says the DOJ is who determines if there is even predicate for them to investigate a citizen first, before even starting an investigation of a citizen, if there is, then the Doj orders an investigation, and then our AG works with their prosecutor General, to investigate, covering all of our citizen's rights.

Forum List

Back