U.S. Gives Jordan $100 Million To Help Host Syrian Refugees...

Hypocrites, if we dropped ten billion dollars worth of bombs on Iran that would be money well spent, feed some hungry people and that is just out of line.

That's right, it is math. Real math. Where the economy is not in a vaccuum.

If you think we can tax our way into a surplus at this point, you're completely delusional. At least Auditor007 realizes that both tax increases and spending cuts are needed. The problem is that spending cuts are never done. The politicians of today pull it over the plebs by claiming cuts, but those are cuts based on increased future spendings, not actual cuts on current spending.

Raise the tax rates back to the pre-Bush tax cuts, and we bring in an additional 687 billion over ten years if only the top earners rates rise, and close to 1 trillion over 10 years if everybody gets a rate hike. With 1.3 - 1.4 trillion and rising in annual deficit spending, that doesn't conquer the deficit spending, let alone the debt.

You are seriously in need of economic and mathematical remediation.

And you too fall intot he IF of things. If this, IF that. If a lot of things, fellas. Are we going on current realization, or are we going on a feeling here?

Please, try not to be so fucking stupid.

You should take your own advice.

The problem you guys have in discussions like this is that you always focus on income taxes only. You never look at or consider any other taxes. Obviously, raising income tax rates on the top income earners will not balance the budget. Raising them on all personal income won't do it either. But a comprehensive package that includes ALL tax revenue, like payroll, capital gains and corporate profits, will do it.

If we just return to the Clinton levels, we would get 19% of GDP in revenue, or $2.9T. That alone cuts the deficit in half. Next, we can look at corporate profits. In 2011, corporations made $6.8T in profits for the year. Adding a mere 10% to their tax rate would wipe out the deficit completely. And before you start crying, this is a tax on profits, meaning after expenses, meaning companies could NOT pass it on to consumers.

And I didn't even have to talk about payroll taxes or capital gains.

You need to do some reading.

So, you're doing this math yourself based on a HuffPuff article and federal receipts and outlays that are actually on the books. Not accounting for defense slush funding and a host of other black projects.

And again, are these things being implemented favorably? or are you just wishful thinking?

If the govt. receives more revenue, will they actually pay down the debt, or will they simply find new ways to spend it? When was the last time the govt. held a balanced budget and paid down debt? Lets not regurgitate the false notion of the Clinton surplus either. Find an actual budget balance.

Hypocrites, if we dropped ten billion dollars worth of bombs on Iran that would be money well spent, feed some hungry people and that is just out of line.

If we had a war against Iran, then it falls under national defense, which is a direct charge of the federal government under the constitution...

We are not constitutionally charged to feed citizens of other countries (or even citizens of ours, for that matter) thru governmental funding

So, you're doing this math yourself based on a HuffPuff article and federal receipts and outlays that are actually on the books. Not accounting for defense slush funding and a host of other black projects.

And again, are these things being implemented favorably? or are you just wishful thinking?

If the govt. receives more revenue, will they actually pay down the debt, or will they simply find new ways to spend it? When was the last time the govt. held a balanced budget and paid down debt? Lets not regurgitate the false notion of the Clinton surplus either. Find an actual budget balance.

Yes, I based my math on published and reported figures. I can see how that would be new for you.

And the Government doesn't need to pay down the debt. In fact, if they pay it off quickly and completely, it would be very bad for investors and the American people. I'm sure you're aware that the largest holder of debt is the American public. And that most of that debt is in the form of bonds that people hold to get interest. What safe investment vehicle would you recommend after eliminating savings bonds?

Last time the Government held a balanced budget and paid down debt was under Clinton in 1998. I know you refuse to believe that, but that's your problem, not mine.

:lmao:

Good pretzel logic. You keep doing that wishful thinking thing, I'll be over here in reality.

And i dont refuse to believe false information. it's false. Clinton did not have a surplus. You cant add billions tot he debt at the same time you claim budget surplus. You can not borrow money and call it a surplus, you dolt.

Please try not to be so fucking stupid.

The HuffPuff.... :lmao:

If we had a war against Iran, then it falls under national defense, which is a direct charge of the federal government under the constitution...

We are not constitutionally charged to feed citizens of other countries (or even citizens of ours, for that matter) thru governmental funding

Thought we were broke? Iran will not survive the first year of a Romney presidency and nowhere will you hear talk of being broke, in fact I seriously doubt you will hear the word deficit issue forth from his mouth should he manage to win.

And i dont refuse to believe false information. it's false. Clinton did not have a surplus. You cant add billions tot he debt at the same time you claim budget surplus. You can not borrow money and call it a surplus, you dolt.

Please try not to be so fucking stupid.

The HuffPuff.... :lmao:

He didn't. He didn't borrow money and then call that borrowed money a surplus.

I think it's becoming pretty obvious you don't know how our Government's finances work.

If the Government lends money to itself, that counts as both a liability and an asset. They cancel each other out. You're trying to count one side and not the other. That's not how reality works.

Thought we were broke? Iran will not survive the first year of a Romney presidency and nowhere will you hear talk of being broke, in fact I seriously doubt you will hear the word deficit issue forth from his mouth should he manage to win.

Neither here nor there, plus your speculation on Romney waging war on Iran is nothing more than pure guess...

And the point stands.. we are not constitutionally charged to feed the citizens of other countries

This 100 million dollars represents about nine and a half hours of the Iraq War costs. Or just .0125 of 1%the total cost of that war.

Wouldn't Jesus help these people? What say all you Christians?

3000 dollar per second link below.

Iraq war will cost more than World War II - CSMonitor.com

Jesus wrote the constitution??

Jesus said render unto Caesar, etc...he didn't say "Hey? You see that guy over there? Well he works for Caesar, just give your money to him because he can spend it better than you can..."

Forum List

Back