U-2 Pilots Were Given A Special Diet So They Wouldn't Have To Poop

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1.jpg

Oh my Lord. The thought of this is enough to give me nightmares. I spend all my time taking stuff to make me go on a regular basis.

The U-2 was no place for a Number Two.

The U-2 spy plane was famous for pushing pilot endurance to the limit. The slow, high-flying aircraft flew for up to nine hours at a time, with a single pilot guiding the plane, taking pictures of the ground below, and occasionally dodging surface-to-air missiles.

Nine hours is a long time to be cooped up in a plane without a real bathroom—or to be stuck in a small space with the smell of your own fart. So the CIA actually prescribed a proper diet for U-2 pilots to avoid the need to poop or pass gas.

More @ The CIA Gave U-2 Pilots a Special Diet So They Wouldn't Have To Poop

1.jpg

Oh my Lord. The thought of this is enough to give me nightmares. I spend all my time taking stuff to make me go on a regular basis.

The U-2 spy plane was famous for pushing pilot endurance to the limit. The slow, high-flying aircraft flew for up to nine hours at a time, with a single pilot guiding the plane, taking pictures of the ground below, and occasionally dodging surface-to-air missiles.

Nine hours is a long time to be cooped up in a plane without a real bathroom—or to be stuck in a small space with the smell of your own fart. So the CIA actually prescribed a proper diet for U-2 pilots to avoid the need to poop or pass gas.

Reminds me of the story of the F-15 and C-5. F-15 pulls alongside and says watch this, and proceeds to do barrel rolls alongside the C-5.

C-5 says watch this. 5 minutes later he asks the F-15 what did you think. F-15 says I didn’t see you do anything. C-5 says I used the head then made myself a sandwich.

1.jpg

Reminds me of the story of the F-15 and C-5. F-15 pulls alongside and says watch this, and proceeds to do barrel rolls alongside the C-5.

C-5 says watch this. 5 minutes later he asks the F-15 what did you think. F-15 says I didn’t see you do anything. C-5 says I used the head then made myself a sandwich.

A similar story has the fighter flying around a B-52 and then the B-52 pilot asks the fighter pilot if he thought he could do what he just did. The fighter pilot of course says he didn't see anything. The B-52 pilot said he had his flight engineer shut down two engines!

Forum List

Back