"Tycoon" games gone off the deep end?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fuzzykitten99, Nov 28, 2005.

1. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I was at Best Buy yesterday, and was looking at computer games, seeing the newest 'tycoon' simulations, like seaworld tycoon, and one I would like to try, Mall of America tycoon. Call me a nerd, but I like these types of games.

Then I saw one that made me laugh, and want to buy it just to try it, though I didn't want to spend $20 on a game that might not be as fun as it looks. It was "Prison Tycoon". Seriously. Here is the description from the website:

http://www.prisontycoon.com/pages/intro.htm
    I wonder if you can simulate REAL prison life, like gang issues, beat-downs, and riots? Can you open fire on an escapee? The site doesn't specify...

Has anyone else here played this game? I might actually want it for Christmas, but I want to know if it is any good.

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
  3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Sounds to me like someone needs a healthy dose of Grand Theft Auto. Or True Crime, if you prefer sticking on the law's side.

4. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    Tim has the newest GTA game...I can't stand listening to it because of the violence, and the cRap music. I won't even let him play it if Nathan is awake. But Tim is an adult and I can't stop him from playing it, but I do ask that he not play it with Nathan around.

he also plays Call of Duty on the computer and is hinting (DAILY!!!) that he wants the newest version for x-mas...sigh. I don't like that game either because if he plays it without his headphones on, it sounds like I am in a war-zone. Think about walking in the door after a long day, saying 'honey, i'm home' and then hearing the ratta-tat-tat of gunfire? Very disconcerting. Of course, this is if he gets home before me, which is unusual with his new job.

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    My Dad's very proud of his home theater, and his favorite movie to show it off with is Saving Private Ryan... I sympathize!