Two Years

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Today marks two years since the terrible Tohoku earthquake and the tsunami that followed and set off the nuclear disaster. Still a long way to go to full recovery.

Radiation is still pouring out of Nuclear Power Plant and into the Ocean but what do Americans care about?

Jodi Arias
Kim Kardashian
Sports
Gangnam Style

Today marks two years since the terrible Tohoku earthquake and the tsunami that followed and set off the nuclear disaster. Still a long way to go to full recovery.

Not sure if Fukishima has reached the level of "disater." Most of the radiation is contained within the plant, and the raditation that did escape is likely not to cause a truly noticable increase in cancer cases in the area.

While some see it as a total failure of the protection of the plant, I see it as a indication of how hardy we do make these things. The plant faced a 40 ft high wall of water.

Not sure if Fukishima has reached the level of "disater." Most of the radiation is contained within the plant, and the raditation that did escape is likely not to cause a truly noticable increase in cancer cases in the area.

While some see it as a total failure of the protection of the plant, I see it as a indication of how hardy we do make these things. The plant faced a 40 ft high wall of water.

Considering the number of people displaced, lives disrupted, and impact on the nation's energy supply, I think it well qualifies as a disaster.

Forum List

Back