Two US Senators post screenshots of a video call with the President of Ukraine literally minutes after being specifically asked not to do so.

Leviticus

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2021
Marco Rubio and Steve Daines were taking part in a video call from the Ukrainian President, which about 200 People, including senators, representatives and their staff members. The Ukrainians specifically asked that the video not be shared on social media in order to ensure President Zellenskyy's security. Literally minutes later Rubio and Daines shared screenshots of the call on twitter. This has received a lot of basklash from both sides of the aisle. Rep. Dean Phillips said it best when it said it was a case of "Appalling and Reckless Ignorance".

The call involved discussions on setting up a no-fly zone around Ukraine, cutting off 100% of all visa and mastercard transactions coming from Russia as part of the ongoing sanctions, and sending $10 billion in humanitarian and economic relief for the Ukrainian people, including refugees now living outside of Ukraine who were forced to flee.

Sen. Joe Manchin specifically brought up a joint embargo between the US, Japan, Canada, and the EU, banning all imports of Russian oil into each of their countries.

i retweeted the photo Rubio posted at the time he posted it, oops! i'm not a senator, though, so i wasn't told anything

Marco Rubio and Steve Daines were taking part in a video call from the Ukrainian President, which about 200 People, including senators, representatives and their staff members. The Ukrainians specifically asked that the video not be shared on social media in order to ensure President Zellenskyy's security. Literally minutes later Rubio and Daines shared screenshots of the call on twitter. This has received a lot of basklash from both sides of the aisle. Rep. Dean Phillips said it best when it said it was a case of "Appalling and Reckless Ignorance".

The call involved discussions on setting up a no-fly zone around Ukraine, cutting off 100% of all visa and mastercard transactions coming from Russia as part of the ongoing sanctions, and sending $10 billion in humanitarian and economic relief for the Ukrainian people, including refugees now living outside of Ukraine who were forced to flee.

Sen. Joe Manchin specifically brought up a joint embargo between the US, Japan, Canada, and the EU, banning all imports of Russian oil into each of their countries.

They shared a screen shot, probably taken from their phone. They did not share the video as directed.

I hope they wont use this as an excuse because anything that goes on in their office is their responsibility

but I canr see a senator busy on his phone during the call.

that sounds like something an eager staff member would do

but of course it shouldnt have happened

No-fly-zones are totally illegal, and in this case would be an act of war.
Economic sanctions are totally illegal, and should be prosecuted by the Hague.
They have been illegal since the US ratified the Hague Conventions in 1906.

Humanitarian aid is perfectly legal, but prevents anyone from having any incentive to end this stupid war that Zelensky deliberately forced to happen.

Forum List

Back