Two SKS Saturday!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The local pawn shop got in a few milsurp rifles and in the lot were a couple of SKSs and a shit-ton of ammo. I bought the two SKSs.

s 001 (2).JPG

The top one is the one I wanted (unfired Poly Tech still packed with cosmo inside) so I figured I'd consign the other lightly used one and make enough to where the one I kept was almost free. ;)

I also picked-up a case of 1000 rds of E. German 7.62 X 39 steel core ammo.

The local pawn shop got in a few milsurp rifles and in the lot were a couple of SKSs and a shit-ton of ammo. I bought the two SKSs.

View attachment 760406

The top one is the one I wanted (unfired Poly Tech still packed with cosmo inside) so I figured I'd consign the other lightly used one and make enough to where the one I kept was almost free. ;)

I also picked-up a case of 1000 rds of E. German 7.62 X 39 steel core ammo.
Steel core, or steel case?

I remember when those were $80-$115 and my friend was all "You should get one, man."

And I said "Fuck them little itty bitty bullets and steel casing, I don't like it." :banana: :

(To him)

Those look pretty nice for what they are, though. Congrats!

I gotta wonder how much they're running now.

Steel core, or steel case?

I remember when those were $80-$115 and my friend was all "You should get one, man."

And I said "Fuck them little itty bitty bullets and steel casing, I don't like it." :banana: :

(To him)

Those look pretty nice for what they are, though. Congrats!

I gotta wonder how much they're running now.
Steel case and steel core.

I put the one on consignment for $729.00, I bet it won't last a week.

Oldsters like ourselves can suffer from what I call the SKS Syndrome because we remember the cheap SKS and other mil-surp prices of the 90s.

Youngins however will pay the freight for a un-Bubbaed matching example because they missed the SKS heyday. ;)

A few years back some very tired Chi-Com examples came in from Albania selling for $399.00 and you should have seen the examples of SKS Syndrome on display but they all sold. When they pop back up they are a easy $600.00.

Even the heavy-ass Yugo SKSs are bringing $700.00+ now. I never did like them plus they didn't have chromed bores/bolt/carrier/gas rod like the Soviet or Chi-Com SKSs.

Steel case and steel core.

I put the one on consignment for $729.00, I bet it won't last a week.

Oldsters like ourselves can suffer from what I call the SKS Syndrome because we remember the cheap SKS and other mil-surp prices of the 90s.

Youngins however will pay the freight for a un-Bubbaed matching example because they missed the SKS heyday. ;)

A few years back some very tired Chi-Com examples came in from Albania selling for $399.00 and you should have seen the examples of SKS Syndrome on display but they all sold. When they pop back up they are a easy $600.00.

Even the heavy-ass Yugo SKSs are bringing $700.00+ now. I never did like them plus they didn't have chromed bores/bolt/carrier/gas rod like the Soviet or Chi-Com SKSs.
My, how times do change. :aargh:

I need to get some tracers.

I bought an SKS back in the early 90s when they were only $70-ish each. Still own it and don't use it very often. Good luck on the consignmentl
I bought a Russian SKS about the same time. It was sold in CA as a relic. Made me laugh. CA has all of these "well-thought-out" gun laws that require a 10 day waiting period on any gun--except relics. LOL, I walked into the gun shop, filled out my FFA form and walked out with it. It is one of my nicest SKS with a flat bayonet and is very accurate. Guess relics aren't guns.

I bought a Russian SKS about the same time. It was sold in CA as a relic. Made me laugh. CA has all of these "well-thought-out" gun laws that require a 10 day waiting period on any gun--except relics. LOL, I walked into the gun shop, filled out my FFA form and walked out with it. It is one of my nicest SKS with a flat bayonet and is very accurate. Guess relics aren't guns.
I have a C&R (Curios & Relics) license, I don't have to go through an FFL. Any weapon on the C&R list can be shipped directly to me. However that license is for collectors and we cannot be in the business of firearm sales.

I have a C&R (Curios & Relics) license, I don't have to go through an FFL. Any weapon on the C&R list can be shipped directly to me. However that license is for collectors and we cannot be in the business of firearm sales.
I bought mine from a gun shop in CA and it was sold as a "relic"

I bought mine from a gun shop in CA and it was sold as a "relic"
Yes it's on the C&R list. I just recently picked up 2 "mausers" and a Lee-Enfield No 4 that are on the list. For the most part any firearm 50 years or older (with a few exceptions) are classified as C&R.
The weapons can be either Curios and/or Relics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back